Unclear Estimated First Bill for Bundle renewal
pyao88

Although Verizon tries to be upfront on what the estimated First Bill is, it fails to explain in detail what the Change is in Service in the email when the customer renews the bundle.

For example I am going from a $109/month to $109/month plan in March, and I cannot understand why there are differences for the partial month if it is supposed to include the credit of partial month from the old plan.

First Bill Estimate Definitions

• Normal Monthly Charges display typical monthly bills excluding pay per use services.
  • Change in Service and Partial Month includes activation fees and partial month charges and credits for services added or terminated mid bill cycle.
  • Estimated first bill is the anticipated amount of your first bill. It includes Normal Monthly Charges plus Change in Service and Partial Month plus any Special or Promotional Credits that last 90 days or less that are excluded from Normal Monthly Charges.

CSR email:  As I had advised when I spoke to you, these are the 'pro rated' days/charges that you will receive when we renew or change your package plan.

Your following statement will not reflect you pro rated days, but your normal monthly service charges.

Normal Monthly ChargesChange in Service and Partial MonthEstimated First Bill

Triple Play: FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited, FiOS Internet 25/25, FiOS TV Extreme HD, (2012)$109.99$37.00$146.99
Other Current Activity
(Voice, TV, Internet Additional)
$33.96$10.40$44.36
Current Activity Total$143.95$47.40$191.35
Specials and Promotions---
Taxes, Fees and Other Charges$15.87-$21.25

Total$159.82-$212.60
0 Likes
Re: Unclear Estimated First Bill for Bundle renewal
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
Re: Unclear Estimated First Bill for Bundle renewal
pyao88

Would you or anyone know what the differences are?   Neither am I, so the numbers need some context around them.

It would be valuable if you can send the feedback to the folks responsible for the first bill estimate, it would clear up for the rest of the customers and prevent more issues later on.

0 Likes