Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Unexpected Additional Charges

spiroh
Contributor
Contributor

Unexpected Additional Charges

Message 1 of 2
(1,610 Views)

Why am I suddenly being charged for the "FREE" Digital to Analog Adapters? These were offered "as free" by Verizon previous to the Analog to Digital conversion. I could have gotten a government voucher to get free boxes if I had known I was going to be charged by you for their usage Please explain.

1 REPLY 1
Justin
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Unexpected Additional Charges

Message 2 of 2
(1,586 Views)

@spiroh wrote:

Why am I suddenly being charged for the "FREE" Digital to Analog Adapters? These were offered "as free" by Verizon previous to the Analog to Digital conversion. I could have gotten a government voucher to get free boxes if I had known I was going to be charged by you for their usage Please explain.

Since this is a user-to-user forum I don't think anybody can answer your qeustion about "why". However, I just checked my bill, due in early January, and it still shows a $3.99 charge for the adapter and then a $3.99 credit for that adapter, as it has ever since I got the adapter. So not everybody is being charged for that free one. Did you actually get the adapter during the free offer? If so, I would call the billing folks and ask for the credit to be re-instituted, it should be an easy fix.

As to the government voucher, that was for a totally different converter, one that worked to convert over-the-air digital signals to analog, for older TVs. That adapater would not ever work on FiOS.

Keller, TX 76248

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title