Unexpected Additional Charges
spiroh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why am I suddenly being charged for the "FREE" Digital to Analog Adapters? These were offered "as free" by Verizon previous to the Analog to Digital conversion. I could have gotten a government voucher to get free boxes if I had known I was going to be charged by you for their usage Please explain.

0 Likes
Re: Unexpected Additional Charges
Justin46
Legend

@spiroh wrote:

Why am I suddenly being charged for the "FREE" Digital to Analog Adapters? These were offered "as free" by Verizon previous to the Analog to Digital conversion. I could have gotten a government voucher to get free boxes if I had known I was going to be charged by you for their usage Please explain.

Since this is a user-to-user forum I don't think anybody can answer your qeustion about "why". However, I just checked my bill, due in early January, and it still shows a $3.99 charge for the adapter and then a $3.99 credit for that adapter, as it has ever since I got the adapter. So not everybody is being charged for that free one. Did you actually get the adapter during the free offer? If so, I would call the billing folks and ask for the credit to be re-instituted, it should be an easy fix.

As to the government voucher, that was for a totally different converter, one that worked to convert over-the-air digital signals to analog, for older TVs. That adapater would not ever work on FiOS.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes