Unhappy with Recent Billings
salfactor31

Recently I cancelled my landline on 5/7/2013 andI was issued a final bill which I was perfectly fine with at the time.  I went to pay the pill online and everything went as it normally did.  HOWEVER, I wasn't notified that because my phone was cancelled that my account number was changed.  Therefore, the payment went to my new account instead of paying the final account!

The only reason I noticed this was when I went to pay my active account bill and noticed my active account payment due was about half of what it should have been and my final account still had a full balance.  After several attemps to pay both online I decided to use the verizon chat.  They suggested using the www.verizon.com/payfinalbill link which after several attempts and combinations was a fail.

I then proceeded with calling verizon to find that the customer service representative was unable to help me.  He then handed me off to a web technician of some sort.  This person was completely unhelpful.  The conversation ended with the person saying a pin was being sent to my account which was never received.  I finally called back againt extremely unhappy at this point.  I explained my situation to the this representative and he was very understanding.  He let me know that he would put a note on my account stating that the payments were being sent out yesterday, which they were mailed in the morning.  Therefore, I thought everything was okay...WRONG!

I came home to check my mail today to find that I had a notice from North Shore Agency saying I haven't paid my final account and my credit may be in jeopordy.  I received a second copy of the bill as well.  Payments for my active account and final account have been mailed and should be received tomorrow.  At this point, I'm very unhappy with the way that Verizon has dealt with this situation.

0 Likes