Unreturned equipment charge showing on myverizon not on account when I call
sithlady

I closed my account at the end of May and returned my equipment. I was charged for untreturned equipment $550+tax, even though Verizon acknowledged that the equipment was received. I have been going through several months of going back and forth on the phone and being told the charge would be removed and it not being removed. My latest statement came out two days ago and the charge was still there and listed as past due (as it has been for the past few months). I called and the first lady I spoke to said that my balance was $550+tax, I explained my situation and she transferred me. The next guy I talked to after some time said that I was issued a credit 3 weeks ago and he didn't know why the charge was still on my statement, that he showed a $0 balance. So why does my statement say $550+tax past due if the credit was issed weeks ago? And why did the first verizon rep show that I had a balance? Do I have a balance or not? I just don't want to get sent to collections on a technicallity as I have seen has happened to other posters.

0 Likes
Re: Unreturned equipment charge showing on myverizon not on account when I call
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon sent me to collections incorrectly and it's on my credit!
sithlady

I canceled my Verizon service in May 2014 and returned my box, as requested. I even called to confirm that the box was received. The following month I was charged for unreturned equipment. I called and was assured that the charge was incorrect and would be removed and the I WOULD NOT be sent to collections if I didn't pay that bill. The following month the charge still had not been removed, same thing I called and was assured it would be removed and that I WOULD NOT be sent to collections. This continued every month until September 2014 when the charge was actually removed. I assumed everything was good until I pulled my credit report today and I see that there is a Verizon collection account on there that is listed as closed. Now, Verizon acknowledges that my account has a $0 balance, but I need that collections account removed from my credit report. It caused my score to drop over 70 pts!

Has anybody been able to successfully remove an incorrect Verizon collection from their credit report?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon sent me to collections incorrectly and it's on my credit!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sithlady,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes