Upgraded router includes NO direction for old router
NameTaken2

Set up new 2yr FIOS contract online, then received and installed the included Quantum Gateway router.

A return UPS label was in the box, but NO direction regarding whether Verizon wants my old Actiontec router back. The return label may be for the new router if found defective.

The $139.99 charge for my old router was waived on my last 2yr contract, so I think the old router is mine.  I want it as a backup if problems develop with the new router.

Found many related posts, but no standard answer to this Q.  Some received a second box to return the old router, some kept the old router/no problems, some ended up charged for old router, etc.

So with NO direction from Verizon, how is a customer supposed to know what to do with their old router, and where is this documented? 

Would be EZ to include this direction with replacement routers, but only corporations that pride themselves in excellent customer relations/communications would do that.

Where can I verify what Verizon expects me to do with my old router?

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded router includes NO direction for old router
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NameTaken2,

Please use one of the options available at Contact Us to ask a support agent if you need to return the old router.

0 Likes
djdister

LawrenceC (Moderator),

Its a pretty simple question, why can't you just provide the answer instead of directing the customer to spend some unknown amount of time trying to get the answer?  You should find the answer to this question and just say "yes" or "no" to returning the old router to Verizon.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi djdister,

Moderators are responsible for maintaining the forum itself and directing users to other appropriate support channels if necessary.  We do not have access to support information or customer records.  Individual support questions can only be answered by a Verizon Customer Support agent.

0 Likes