Upset customer--told first bill to be waived and now rescinded
mefull

I have been a victim of horrible customer service and now a scam from Verizon:

I ordered Verizon on 10/14 to be set up at my new place on 10/23 with self set-up....

10/23 rolls around and no box shows up...maybe its just a day late....

10/24 call Verizon and they say it was never sent, but they can send one to be there 10/29

10/29 still no box....call Verizon and they apologize and say I can have a box sent or a person come the next day 10/30, I choose the person because that can't get lost in the mail, right?

10/30 no one shows up...call Verizon again....they sincerely apologize this time and say someone will come out first thing on 10/31 and if I don't hear by 8:30 to call in and that they will waive my first bill for all of my trouble

10/31 at 8:30 no one around, wait til 9 and then call and someone rolls around at 10 (and of course the guy who shows up doesn't even know what he's supposed to be doing)

I get a bill, but I expected it to be waived--apparently it wasn't and I just spent over an hour on the line with people telling me that I am either making this up or the customer service person was just lying.  This is despite the fact that I have a personal email from the customer service rep stating my first bill was to be waived and it was confirmed the next day on the phone with an Assistant Supervisor.  They're best offer now is $50 off an over $150 bill.  {please keep your posts courteous}  I cannot believe that apparently no one in customer service is held accountable for their actions or statements and they're documentation of phone conversations is so horrible.  I am now waiting to be called by an even higher person up regarding this issue and have had my bill put on hold so that I don't get any late fees.  Granted, I am  not going to be surprised when they slap a late fee on and probably will create a "rowdy customer" fee and charge me for yelling at them. 

Get your act together Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Upset customer--told first bill to be waived and now rescinded
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mefull,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Upset customer--told first bill to be waived and now rescinded
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mefull,

It's great to hear you are receiving your credits. If you any further help with this or ever need help or have other questions please let us know in a new public post.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes