Verizon Agent clueless about current promotions for existing customers
tedka

Spends 20 min on a phone with an agent who kept trying to convince me that there is no $20 a month promotion for existing customers looking to renew.

Kept saying that I was mistaken and wasn't reading it right and there is no such a thing as $20 a month discount on service.

Ended up using website to do a renewal and got correct promo added:

• Pricing
    & Promos

Month 1

$104.99

• Pricing
    & Promos

Months 2 - 24

$104.99

Selected Products & Promotions

Verizon Triple Play$104.99
FiOS TV Prime HD 
FiOS QuantumSM Internet Speeds up to 50 Mbps/25 Mbps 
FiOS Digital Voice - Unlimited Plan 
  • $10 Agreement Incentive for 24 Months
  • $10 Agreement Incentive for 24 Months

2-Year  Agreement    

TOTAL FOR SELECTED PRODUCTS
$104.99

The above Order Summary is NOT your Verizon Bill. Your monthly bill includes other items such as existing products on your account, partial monthly charges, taxes, fees and surcharges.

Prices shown are based upon current prices which are subject to change after any applicable promotional or guarantee periods.

Your Promotional savings for this period$20.00

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Agent clueless about current promotions for existing customers
prisaz
Legend

Many times the offers online cannot be seen by the CSR, and if you find a GOOD Offer online, I say take it. But the system has improved and they should see what you see. If you get the order confirmation and number, they will honor the offer. They must, or it is false advertising. They can't make an offer, confirm it with a detail estimated cost, and give you a confirmation number, and not follow though. I have found them extreamly fair. But if you point out an error on the web, they might not honor it unless you have a confirmed order.

At times Verizon does provide online special offers that I have found to be very good. But I had issues getting the order "pushed through early" until I was able to provide an order number and the Email confirmation. I have found Verizon to be very fair when there is an error on their part, and the deal is given to you and confirmed. Even if they must give special 24 month discounts. I feel 100% that there is never any attempt to deceive, but computers and people do make errors.

But as said, there are online deals that are better if you place them online.

0 Likes