In June, I moved from Rhode Island to Pennsylvania. I loved FIOS so I transferred it and thought nothing more about it.
1. Then I started receiving duplicate bills (one for my new address and one for my old). After talking with a handful of Verizon representatives, I paid both for a month.
2. The next month, I got double billed again and knew something was wrong. A few swore that the account was still active and I owed them money. The others said I did not and this was an error. One rep cancelled the bill.
3. I got a threatening email that I was not paying the account in RI so I called again. I got the same story ("it's still active - you owe us", "it's cancelled - ignore it").
4. The next month, I got double billed again and didn't pay the closed account. I called customer service and told them the same story. They swore it was cancelled and this was a crazy error. They told me I would be credited for payment and would never hear about it again.
5. Today, I got another email from Verizon saying that I was not paying on the cancelled account. I called the 1800 number again and was told this was an error again. I will get credited and never hear about it again.
It's getting unreasonable and I'm not sure what do. No one takes ownership of it and it's the same story month after month. This is billing not rocket science. Get it fixed.
I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.