Verizon Billing Mess
Jowens36
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a Fios customer for 7+ years. I should learn my lesson - every time I change something with my service the billing is screwed up for months and I have to call and get it fixed - wasting hours of my time! I like the product but billing is awful!

So at the end of Dec I renewed a 2 year contract with a 3 year price guarantee. I also upgraded my 4 boxes to quantum boxes and service.

The new boxes came on January 2 and I installed them and sent back the old boxes on January 3. I received an email from Verizon that they received the 4 boxes back on the 10th. Well my new bill just came today - $345! The equipment section was insane. I was being charged for the new quantum boxes and my old boxes that I sent back and they received on the 10th. Charges were for 1/28 to 2/27. I called customer service. I was informed that I was charged for the old boxes until the date that they received them - their system was showing an entry of Jan 10 and Jan 20. I said that doesn't seem right. I received the new boxes on the 2nd and installed them and sent the old boxes back on the 3rd. I shouldn't be charged for a rental on the returned boxes for the time they were in transient to Verizon and the time it took them to check them in. She said that's the way it worked and I could have dropped them off at a retail location. I told her I would have done that if I was informed that I would be charged. She said that she always told people that they would be charged until the box was received. I said that is nice but my rep didn't tell me that. She said she couldn't do anything about it. I said then if I have an email from Verizon saying that the boxes were returned on the 10th then why on January 28 was I charged another month rental on them through Feb 27th? In addition I was also charged for Jan 11 to Jan 27 as no credit has shown up for that period either - so probably close to $100 in excess charges.

She said well sometimes it takes awhile for billing to catch up with warehousing and I should see a credit on my next bill. I told her that was ridiculous - why should I over pay Verizon by $100 (on top of the $49.99 upgrade fee) hoping for a credit on my next bill. I wanted to know what I should pay and I would pay that amount. She told me that she couldn't tell me that number. I asked for a supervisor.

After holding for awhile (at least 15 minutes) she comes back on and says that her supervisor will have to call me back in the morning as it is now after 9 and all supervisors have left (waiting on the phone for a supervisor for 15+ minutes made it past 9). So now I'm waiting for them to call me back tomorrow to resolve their billing mess

So these guys are fools and drive me nuts! I have to learn not to change anything when my bill is finally correct! Sorry for the long message but I had to vent! Wish me luck.

Update - still no return call from the supervisor - now 2:00 the following day......
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Billing Mess
Jowens36
Enthusiast - Level 2
Contacted by customer service and bill adjusted. Thank you! So much more helpful than talking to a verizon customer service rep on the phone!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
blu3jay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel your pain!

I was just on the phone with four different people, the last one was supposed to be an account service manager.  He turned out to be technical support!  Verizon claims I owe them a past month's payment but won't tell me what month I missed a payment on (hint: according to my bank's records the answer is none).  I had to  pay the extra charge to get my service turned back on.  Who knows if they'll reimburse me for their mistake.  Similar issues have come up in the past and they never admitted their mistake or reimbursed me.  I'm stuck with Verizon because of the area I'm in.  I guess I should just go to bars to watch TV and use the internet....

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Jowens36

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello blu3jay

We will have someone reach out to you as well.

0 Likes
Jowens36
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thank you. I look forward to hearing from someone.
0 Likes
Jowens36
Enthusiast - Level 2
Contacted by customer service and bill adjusted. Thank you! So much more helpful than talking to a verizon customer service rep on the phone!
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus
Thanks for letting us know!
0 Likes
1stTimeBlogger

This is my first blog, I only joined to report Customer Service/Billing is still a nightmare.  As a very long time user of Verizon, I am horrified at how Verizon "messed up" my bill on my current new account.  I moved from Baltimore to Silver Spring.  I had a bundle-deal in Baltimore and was trying to get the same thing in Silver Spring.  I spent hours on the phone with several representatives who each time "promised" they would straighten it out.  We are told conversations are recorded.  Wish someone could take the time to listen to all the conversations I've had to straighten up my account, maybe they would learn what Customer Service is doing wrong.  Tremendous kudos to Priscilla in Customer Service Billing, who last night was the first person to look at my previous service (in Baltimore) and was able to provide the same service here in Silver Spring.  Priscilla was extremely calm (I wasn't as I heard "don't worry, I'll take care of it" so many times before!!) She actually did!!!  Kudos to Priscilla.  The rest of customer service should be ashamed of how they messed up my service and bill.  I don't know how to contact the administration, hopefully you'll read this message: Please, commend Priscilla, and straighten out (if you can) Verizon's customer service.  I truly was horrified when I looked at my current bill. I was charged $50 more than expected because Verizon did not bundle by phone and internet.  Thanks again to Priscilla in Customer Service.  I will never go thru another move with Verizon.

0 Likes
moon123

I cancelled my VZ account on may 10/ 2015 and returned the box and router to VZ center on may 11/ 2015, but I'm still receving bills including late fees!!!

No matter how many times I called them and explained that I cancelled my account, i still receive bills. this is really frustrating,

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi moon123

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes