Verizon Credit Error and now I have to pay???
Daminiella

The past 6 months have been a nightmare with Verizon.  In November, I moved to a new home and transferred my services to my new house and upgraded my equipment.

First, they charged me for unreturned equipment even though they had the equipment in their hands within 5 days of receiving my new equipment. Then it took me 3 months of non stop calls, emails, messages on this forum to get this fixed on my bill. Then it was finally taken off my bill and I was given an extra credit on my bill. So I called AGAIN to tell them I had another credit on my bill and was told that the credit was put on there by customer service and that I did not need to pay my bill. The next month, I called again because my bill showed that I had unpaid charges but when I went online to pay, it stated my account was paid in full. When I called the agent said AGAIN that i did not need to pay and the credit went through after the billing cycle and it would match by the next billing cycle. Next bill came and it STILL said I now had 4 months of unpaid cable but my online account said it was paid in full.

I called again and this time they said it turns out the credit was a mistake and now I owe them over $450.00 for the services rendered or my cable will be turned off.

This is 100% verizon's fault but now I'm the one that has to pay for their mistake? When I tried explaining this, I was told that it doesn't matter I was told that the credit was valid, they finally realized it was a mistake and I needed to pay. So not only have I been dealing with incompetent agents for the past 6 months that lied to me by telling me I didn't need to pay but I have yet to receive one correct bill from Verizon since I moved. This is beyond acceptable. How can a cable company function like this? how can they think this is acceptable to give a customer a credit and then ask for the money back. I understand that this may have been a mistake but once its confirmed (twice) online and via phone, its done.

After talking to several customer service agents who have yet to understand my situation or why I think I shouldn't have to pay back the $450.00, I filed a complaint with the BBB and will fille one with the FCC as well.  This is not how you do businness and it is completely unacceptable. At the very least, I shouldn't have to pay on the sole fact that I've had to deal with HORRIBLE customer and billing service.   

I tried terminating my account with Verizon because I'm done dealing with this but on top of $450.00 they want to charge me another $200.00 for terminating the contract early. I am in a never ending hell with Verizon and can't get out.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Credit Error and now I have to pay???
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Daminiella,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes