Re: Verizon - Customer Service From Hell
aravenfan
Enthusiast - Level 2

good question

I have to each month as it doesn't work the next month

0 Likes
I take a lot of deep breaths when I have to contact Verizon Residential
julesagogo

I have AT&T business customer care for my cell (whew, they ROCK).  I have Verizon DSL because I don't need phone/cable/TV (and I'm ancient - in my 40s - and cheap).  I've had it for about 10 years and it's been (until lately) consistently on, with below-average speed for which I feel I pay a lot.  In 2006, I called and the rep and I agreed on a plan - when I started getting the bills, they were higher and Verizon "couldn't do anything about it."  Each time I have to speak with an employee it's a half-hour process to get an answer and it's been frustrating because it usually requires escalation (the exception being my latest tech support call - quick and painless, I was surprised).  There is no online chat.  Their support documentation online is awful.  The MyVerizon website only works properly in IE which I try to avoid using, and it's slow even there.

I felt (and still feel) stuck - I'm in an area where CLEAR won't work well, my cell reception in my older house in the city is minimal, and COMCAST has similar customer service and rates.   I don't feel like I have many options at this point without getting into another contract or spending more.  One of my selection criteria on buying a new house is that CLEAR work there.

I think a lot of people are in the same boat.  Stuck between few choices with expensive service from companies with terrible customer service records.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon - Customer Service From Hell
kehvynh

How did you file the dispute with your credit card company?

Did you tell them they should refund you?

0 Likes