(889 Views)

good question

I have to each month as it doesn't work the next month

Highlighted
Contributor julesagogo
Contributor
Message 12 of 13
(863 Views)

I have AT&T business customer care for my cell (whew, they ROCK).  I have Verizon DSL because I don't need phone/cable/TV (and I'm ancient - in my 40s - and cheap).  I've had it for about 10 years and it's been (until lately) consistently on, with below-average speed for which I feel I pay a lot.  In 2006, I called and the rep and I agreed on a plan - when I started getting the bills, they were higher and Verizon "couldn't do anything about it."  Each time I have to speak with an employee it's a half-hour process to get an answer and it's been frustrating because it usually requires escalation (the exception being my latest tech support call - quick and painless, I was surprised).  There is no online chat.  Their support documentation online is awful.  The MyVerizon website only works properly in IE which I try to avoid using, and it's slow even there.

I felt (and still feel) stuck - I'm in an area where CLEAR won't work well, my cell reception in my older house in the city is minimal, and COMCAST has similar customer service and rates.   I don't feel like I have many options at this point without getting into another contract or spending more.  One of my selection criteria on buying a new house is that CLEAR work there.

I think a lot of people are in the same boat.  Stuck between few choices with expensive service from companies with terrible customer service records.

Contributor kehvynh
Contributor
Message 13 of 13
(397 Views)

How did you file the dispute with your credit card company?

Did you tell them they should refund you?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.