Verizon FIOS Experience (2 years)
fschuff

Posted here because .... read the post and find out.

-Two DVRs - one is 18 Hrs capacity and the other is 12 Hrs capacity - so I have to call to get it upgraded

-Last 3-5 minutes of a program on DVR - can not fast forward - goes to end

-DVR menus keep changing

-Cable just shows garbled dots on screen -- lost signal and DVR records it.

-Have to schedule recording on each DVR from that DVR - not from either of them

-DVR programming does not allow me to adjust for shows that run over by 1 minute

-When DVR dies (3 times) need to replace it and reprogram shows - can not unless they are scheduled in the next week that results in months to re-program and many hours to find listings. New feature "may work" or "may not".

-TV schedule went from 2 weeks ahead to only 1 week ahead only

-Battery in Optical Network Terminal (ONT) is dying - hastle to replace -- another service plan or do-it-yourself

-Phone - answering service switched without telling me - and I did not know the new number to get messages

-Phone Answering service is terrible -- especially expired saved messages that have to be removed before hearing new messages

-Phone Answering service stinks -- have to wait for it to get to messages prompt

-Misrepresented cost after last upgrade to 2nd DVR (by $30 / month) - then you said "prove it to us" - but Verizon did not write down the price they gave me on the phone

-Can not block "nuisance" Phone calls that do not have phone numbers attached as Caller id

-Caller-id display on TV keeps going out - have to reset it

-Internet will freeze for 15 seconds at a time.

-Thousands of logon attacks to my PC through Verizon wired internet connection --- no help from Verizon other than to suggested I change WEP key to keep attack from IP address in China from logging on to my wireless network.

- Picture is better - or was 2 years ago

- On Demand content is Horrible

- Verizon wants to charge me for everything - especially shows not recorded on the DVR for some reason

0 Likes