Verizon Financial Services LIED to me - NEGATIVE CREDIT MARK
WillB2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon financial services asked if I was ready to pay the outstanding bill -- which I wasn't even aware existed.

I said -- I want to understand the terms first and asked if the mark on my credit report would be removed.  The lady (Bree) said yes it will be removed after you pay, she will transfer over to credit reporting department to have that done.  After taking my payment and giving me a confirmation number, she transferred me to credit reporting.  Credit reporting tells me they WILL NOT remove it and that they will only mark it PAID.

My credit rating dropped because of this billing.  And I was lied to on recorded call.  They got their money -- not through a collection agency but directly -- and now aren't removing the credit mark. 

This is terrible business practice.  I am so frustrated by this.  It was only $69 and now I have to deal with this for 7 years??

I've asked that a supervisor call me back -- hasn't so far.

Huge corporation doing this to people is immoral.  I'm in a very sensitive place right now purchasing a home.  And this is what I get?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Financial Services LIED to me - NEGATIVE CREDIT MARK
AFONTANEZ

I am going through the same issue and have no idea what to do.

I have been a Verizon customer for 4 years. Always used Autopay and paperless billing. When I closed my account I asked about my final balance and was told that it would process during the next billing cycle and would be auto drafted. Great I said... 4 months later I notice a Closed Collections account on my credit report. It turns out they never auto drafted my final balance and never sent me a bill either. Now I am trying to pay and the collections agency states that they do not report anything to the Credit Agencies.

I call verizon and they refuse to help me resolve this problem which was NOT caused by me and in turn caused by an issue in their back office proccesses.

I have no idea what to do... I want to purchase a home and have not even bothered to go get pre-approved as my credit score dropped 100pts because of this. Not to mention that there is a COLLECTIONS account on my report now for the first time.

0 Likes
WillB2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please post back if you find resolution.  I will do the same.

This just isn't right.  Terrible practice.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi WillB,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AFONTANEZ,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes