Verizon Fios Great Service but don't be scammed......
HereWeAre

So coming from another provider fios seem to want to bend over backwards to make sure we made the switch.  With competitive pricing and great sign up deals I was wooed and besides my previous service was not without it's own issues.  So the rep says sign up today and we can wave x fee.  I said are you sure he said yea so we get through the sign up process and I reiterate about the waving of fees to match the internet pricing I had previously secured.  He said sure but I can't do it before hand just call back and we can wave the fee and that he would make sure to notate everything in case the new person I spoke with had any questions.  

Well here it is 2 weeks into my fios service and I've been conned.  Seems like it may take an act of god to get the fee waved which I stressed I was not going to sign up for the service unless these conditions are met.  For anyone else out there.  Be careful when signing up for service or really anything through Verizon Fios.  Unless you have a recording of the events or it placed in writing you may get taken advantage of like we did.  

I will pay the fee that's really not the issue.  It seems they say anything to get you to sign up but once you are locked in that agreement the only words you will here are "retention department may can help you"  Now you are no longer a customer they want to help but a number locked into an agreement that;s now stuck.  I like the service compared to what I had before but if things are like this 2 weeks in, it may be a rough trip.  

Should see if my previous provider would like to pay my breakup fee for Verizon.  At least they tried to make sure the customer was satisfied.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Fios Great Service but don't be scammed......
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi HereWeAre,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi HereWeAre,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes