Verizon Gift Card Scam
romanov1918
Enthusiast - Level 1

When ordering the new upgraded Set Top Box, I was directed to Verizon's site to answer a few questions and choose to renew my service.  There were two choices:  Either "Keep as Is" or "2 Year Contract".  I clicked on Keep as Is, but was given the 2-year contract anyway.  The confirmation also stated "Congratulations, you will receive a $300 gift card".  I didn't want to be tied to the contract, but since I had Verizon for a few years already, and the $300 gift card made it seem ok, too.  I received not one stipulation or requirement for the gift card.

I waited to get the card, but received in the mail on May 18th a notice saying that I must pay my past due balance of $320 by May 20th in order to receive the card. The $320 was my past due balance, and I paid it on the 20th.  The letter also stated that once the balace was paid, I was to get the gift card, and it gave me a User ID and password to check on the status of it.  But on May 28th, I received an email saying I was not eligible and would not get the card.  

I think it is time to see what kind of a deal Time Warner can give me.  Not only did I not want the contract, but I didn't get the gift card, either

Re: Verizon Gift Card Scam
usedBait
Enthusiast - Level 2

A scam  it is, I called to  see where my card is and they said there was no card for my win back deal . But its OK they can keep it 

they rather lose  a  customer .