Verizon Hub Discontinued but still being billed.
rpavelec

The verizon hub service is nolonger offered by verizon.  I was told it was going away on September 1 by a verizon representative.

I was given 2 choices according to the representative either switch to "home connect" a wireless home service for phone or do nothing and the hub phone service would stop working.  I chose to do nothing since the wireless service at my house is poor the signal is very weak at our house and we drop calls here.  "Home connect"  phone service was not a option.

So the verizon hub stopped working in the middle of the month of september.  To my surprise my next wireless bill had a charge for 43.05 for the Verizon Hub (taxes included) service for 9/20 - 10/19.  I called a customer representative and asked them why this is on my bill since Verizon was the one to discontinue this service and they also knew well in advance when they would nolonger offer this service.   The service rep told me they always bill service a month in advance my response was how can you bill me for a service that nolonger exists.  I was told if I did not pay this bill they would add a $5 late payment fee to my bill.  But this would all be credited back on my next bill the $43.05 and the $5.00.  But if I choose to upgrade my cell phones in the future any upgrade fee would have to be paid in advance and could not be charged on my account since I would have a late fee on my cell phone bill from the discontinued hub fee that should not have been on my bill in the first place.

About the fourth service rep I talked to told me not to worry about it he would put a note in my account and it would be all taken care of.  I am leery since no one seems to be capable or of having access to or  fixing a current bill.  No one wants to send me an email or letter stating they will take care of it.   If I send them the 43.05 less for the current bill although the last rep said it would be ok.  I will be sending a letter to my State Attorney Generals office to make sure this is documented an have them look into Verizons practice of bill for services that they nolonger offer and seem unable to fix simply when notified and I am not the only this has happen to.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Hub Discontinued but still being billed.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.
For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless Community at http://community.vzw.com

0 Likes