Verizon Is Billing Me After I Closed My Account
muminaha

I was a Verizon customer for over 20 years.  I called to cancel ALL of my services on January 9th.  At the time I was told that my request was completed, that I have a $0 balance because I cancelled BEFORE my billing start date of the 10th of each month, and I purchased the equipment for my high speed internet at the time of installation.  I requested confirmation of my cancellation and I was told that I would receive a confirmation email shortly.

1)I never received a confirmation email.  Just an email suggesting I download the Fios app(I never had Fios).

2)I called again on January 10th to assure that my services were completely cancelled because I never received the confirmation email.  I was told that ALL of my services were completely cancelled.  Again, I was told that I have a balance of $0, and may even be due a credit because I cancelled the day before my billing begins, and I asked about equipment fees etc, and was told that when I signed up for high speed internet that I purchased the equipment, so there is no need to send anything back and I should get a closing bill of $0.00.

Today I got a bill for $44.62.  I should not be getting a bill, and there should be a balance of $0.00 or a credit for the 1 day that I paid for and didn't use because I cancelled service.

How do I get this corrected?  I should not have any kind of bill.  I was a customer for 20+ years.  This is what Verizon does?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Is Billing Me After I Closed My Account
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi muminaha,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. For billing questions, please contact Verizon Support at 1-800-VERIZON during normal business hours.

0 Likes