Verizon Offers
Abensaull
Enthusiast - Level 1

I signed up with Verizon in late December. At that time, the offer was sign up and get a $250 gift card after three months of service. Within the past month, I've called Verizon about three times asking about the status of my gift card. Every time I’ve called, I’ve been told that my gift card will process on the fourth billing cycle. So I call up today and was told that this promotion isn't on my account and I will not be receiving the promotion that I reasonably relied on in transferring my services. Typical. 

I also signed my mother up recently. The caveat to her switching was that I would receive the 20,000-point ($200.00) promotion for referring a friend. At the time of the initial conversation, the Verizon representative told me all was good, and that I will be receiving the promotion. Now I'm being told that this will not happen as well. To make things even better, after setting up my mother’s account, the Verizon representative told me of a promotion that I could add to my own account, that being for $10.00 I can receive two additional premium channels (Cinemax and something else). Knowing that I was to receive a $250 gift card and 20,000 points shortly, I agreed. Then last week I look at my account and my bill increased by $28. Why you ask... Great question, turns out, the additional premium channels cost $15 and Verizon had the audacity to charge me $9 for a "Service Change Request". Holy $#!^. 

SO FRIENDLY ADVICE TO ALL - IF YOU ARE EXPECTING ANYTHING MORE THAN A BILL - MAKE SURE YOU REQUEST WRITTEN CONFIRMATION OF SUCH PRIOR TO OBTAINING ANY SERVICE WITH VERIZION BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT HONOR WHAT THEY SAY ON THE PHONE! FURTHERMORE, CAUTION - VERIZON WILL SEND A URL LINK FOR YOUR ELECTRONIC CONSENT (WHICH WILL LIKELY HAVE THE TERMS THEY ACTUALLY PROMISED); HOWEVER, REST ASSURED, THE CONFIRMATION YOU RECEIVE IN EMAIL FORM THAT YOU ACTUALLY HAVE ACCESS TO WILL BE DIFFERENT.

So, what I vociferously request – although I know will never happen – is that Verizon publish the transcript of my conversations when setting up both accounts referenced above so that everyone can see that no matter how many times you get verbal confirmation that you are to receive some benefit of the then bargain, they will later refuse to honor such. 

Now I am certain that in response to this message Verizon will let me know that my concerns have been escalated to some customer service center and that I need to contact them to provide more information. But I ask that the refrain from doing so because I don’t want to spend more time being lied to. All I want is for them to honor what they originally promised and stop taking advantage of their customers. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Offers
jonjones1
Legend

Don’t know what state you reside in but you can contact your states attorney generals office ask if they have a consumer frauds and protection bureau.

additionally you can google your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission and call them up with proof of all you claim.

once set in motion you will get the assistance you need.

Re: Verizon Offers
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.  In order to address customer concerns to Verizon directly, this issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes