Verizon OverBilling - promising something and delivering something else
pmital

I am writing to you regarding billing issues with Verizon.  I had purchased Verizon’s Double Play service on the internet or TV and Internet (all details are below).  However, Verizon’s billing team somehow managed to show as if these two services were purchased in retail (not over the internet) and is billing me a lot more {edited for privacy}.  I have called Verizon multiple times and also raised a ticket with them to resolve the billing issues – to no avail.  As a last resort I am writing to Verizon's Executive Team and posting the issue on various blogs.

Billing Issue Details

I had placed an order with Verizon on April 16th, 2010 for Fios Double Play service (TV + Internet).  Please find attached Verizon’s order confirmation email.  The order summary and the promotions noted in this email are as below:

Order Summary

Master Order Number:{edited for privacy}

Order Date: Apr 16, 2011

Product: Double Flex up to 15/5 Prime HD MTM 2010

Internet Speed: FTTP_15M_5M_TRUE

Installation Date*: Apr 17, 2011 (*Applicable to new FiOS Customers: installation may take 4 - 6 hours)

Technician Arrival Window: 8:00AM-12:00PM(Hrs)EST

Promotions

By completing your Double Play bundle, you will receive a $20 discount for 24 months.*

Additionally you will receive:

$5 per month credit for 24 months.**

International Package free for 3 months.**

By completing your Double Play or Triple Play bundle, you will receive a Price Guarantee for 1 year.**

$10 discount for 6 months.**

Any additional promotions or discounts you received will be reflected on your first bill.

I am frustrated with the experience of Verizon's Customer Service and hope they can give me what i ordered rather than billing me hundreds of dollars more every month.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon OverBilling - promising something and delivering something else
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi pmital

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon OverBilling - promising something and delivering something else
ray1977

Hi pmital

THis is VERIZON....  I have 2 years contract for Fios Double Play service (Internet and phone) since Feb 2011, and promotion for $69.99 for first half year and then $79.99 to 24 month. There was a promotion from myverizon.com to upgrade price $69.99 from month 7 to month 24. I did upgraded it. But there was not nothing happen in next payment, It is fine!! but they charged sometime like "directory listing" since the day I upgrade.  So I did a post here about the issue, so someone called me and transfered me to billing department. The rep from billing changed my doble play service to triple service, and change my phone #, but he didn't tell me or mention anything to me(I just found out 2 days ago, because they disconneted my phone and internet). Before I ended conversation with the rep, I was making sure to have $69.99 for my service...

and one more thing, I have a problem to call out from home sometimes since August, I don't know how many times I spoke them and how times they opened and reopened the tickets, but the issue is still here. I just want to credit back for being not in full service, and I spoke to billing and customer service, they all said they cannot do anything for it. I don't know they are going to do with it..

good luck!!

0 Likes