Verizon Phone Customer Service Phone Number
Brina4

First I would like to say that my past experiences have been great with the overall performance of the company.

That being said, the last 6 weeks has been a nightmare. The customer service has declined recently. Trying to get through on at the (800)837-4966 has become horrible. Each time I have called this number my call is going to the Verizon wireless department, isn't number for verizon customer service and sales? I would go through numerous trys and calls before I am finally able to reach the department that I want, which is the Verizon Fios area.

I recently relocated to a new state and wanted to inform the company of my move since I am expecting a refund to be mailed to me.  First I was initially told that the check would be mailed before the end of September ( before I left New York), after not receiving the check in the middle of October, I called to have the address updated to my temporary location. I had spoken with a very helpful representative by the name of Karen ( customer service) who in turn transferred my call to verizon financials after explaining to them the reason for my call.

The representative in Financials was very rude, failed to repeat the new address back to me and when asked for a reference number for the change, I was told that my account number was my reference. Well, the next evening I received an e-mail  informing me of the change and the a check was being issued to the new address; when I checked the Verizon account it  turned out that the only part of the address that was correct was the house number and the zip code.

Here I go again trying to get through to Verizon on the crazy phone system and after the fourth attempt to get through to customer service, I am transferred to collections.

That representative had me tell her the whole story of my call only to have her tell me that my call was to the collections department and the reason for my call. I told her that I have just explained the reason of my call and again she asked for my name and phone number. After which she tells me that she could not locate an account. I said maybe because my account was not in collections, she said she will still be able to access my information to help me. Well, I had to tell her my name four times in a matter of 20 minutes, I had to sign on to the Verizon web to give her my account number before she was able to pull up my info to make the correction to my address.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE LAST TWO WEEKS TO THIS COMPANY, WHERE DID THE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND EFFICIENCY GO?!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Phone Customer Service Phone Number
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remember these forums are for Peer to Peer support.  Only a few Verizon Board admins are here, and they have limited assets to assist you. 

The number you mentioned is the correct 1-800-VERIZON number and is NOT the Verizon wireless number.  They did add a message at the beginning to tell you this and give you the Verizon wireless information.  Just ignore that.

If you moved to another state that doesn't have Verizon, it can be a pain to get through about an old account.  Especially if that old account is officially closed, but you haven't gotten your final bill/refund settled.  Ignore most of the prompts and make sure you get a representative  (use to be 0 or say "representative", but may have changed).  And make sure you call them between so called "business hours".  I know I had some trouble when I finally closed my NY account but they did finally get it straight.  Here in Florida, Frontier bought out all the Verizon Home and Business assets.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Phone Customer Service Phone Number
Brina4

If the phone system had given me the option for customer service up front, it would not have so bad. I said speak to a representative about three times before my call was transferred. Maybe it is because I was calling  from my Verizon cell. 

I was amazed that I did receive my refund ( I don't know how). The address was still the wrong address. Thank goodness USPS is still on there toes, otherwise my refund would have floating around out in the US.

At least I am done with them for awhile. There is no Fios where I now live either. If I had the choice between Verizon and Spectrum, I would still choose Verizon

I just hope Customer Service will get back to the top performance of the past.

0 Likes