Verizon Privacy settings changed.. for the worse.
Bokor1

I logged in to pay my bill today, and received a pop up notification that Privacy agreement info has been changed, and that data of my web usage, pages I visit and other information will be collected and shared to better provide me services.

I feel this is a total violation of my privacy as a free American, and constitutionally wrong.

I was offered an option to opt out of this and restrict the sharing of my personal browsing and downloading info, and was given a number to call, it is an automated number 1-866-211-0874, I believe.

There may be more to this though as everything has a legal overtone and is cryptic and made hard to do so I can't opt out of this without a struggle.

I give my phone number to the machine and it says not found, sometimes it works, and then asks for my account number which is then rejected.

There is no option to talk to a human, I am highly considering canceling my contract with Verizon, and warning everyone of this sleazy policy action that's been put into effect.

My rights are being violated, but it's made legal due to fine print entrapment.

I have spent hours on the notorious customer service lines and none of them know what I'm talking about, one even stating when I posed the question "Can you help me with this or not?" they replied "No".

How is it that no department knows or has control over it's own settings within your own company?

How do I restrict my data from being given away?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Privacy settings changed.. for the worse.
tns
Master - Level 2

There are changes vx the previous privacy policy but not as drastic as all that.

You can still chose to opt out of almost all sharing except what they need to provide basic service.

0 Likes
Bokor1

Ok, but how?

I called the number I posted and it rejects the Account number right off the Verizon webpage, and all customer service numbers redirect me or have no clue what I'm talking about.

And the webpage I'm directed to is for phone usage thus not letting me even log in there.

I only use verizon for internet services and upon loging in like usial I got that message.

There is seemingly no way to opt out of this.

Please clarify with instructions on how to opt out and I'll provide myself as a source that it's possible.

0 Likes
Bokor1

So no one knows how to do this?

The whole things sounds really crooked if it's so archaic that no one can figure it out.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Note the last change in the Verizon Policy was actually in Sept of last year.

The phone number is for WIRELESS users.

Read about how to OPT out with your Browser.  Not as clearly shown as it was when earlier announced but it still works.  To complicated to repeat so look at

http://www22.verizon.com/privacy/

http://www.aboutads.info/

http://www.aboutads.info/choices/

Of course if you kill cookies on a regular basis the cookies set by these tends to disappear.  I prefer GOOGLES new technique that includes a DLL that works even if you kill all your cookies.

0 Likes
Travis_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Bokor! I sent you a private message with some information relating to your concern and would be happy to help you in the event that what I suggested doesn't work. As tns indicated above, this privacy change is related to Verizon Wirelss, so if necessary I can forward the concern to that group if you're unable to get it resolved any other way.

0 Likes