Verizon Renewal Process Stinks
JBT31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Five days prior to our 24 month bundle deal expiring I called Verizon and spoke with Stephanie who told me that she could get me all but $5 of the $35 worth of discount with renewal of our account.  When I asked her if there was anything else she could do she transferred me to James in the "elite" customer service group.  James told me that Stephanie was completely wrong and that there were no available discounts.  He suggested I call back after the bundle expires and see what Verizon is offering then.  Total of 50 minutes on the telephone.  Good thing we have unlimited minutes.

Yesterday the bundle expired and I chatted with Verizon's Live Consultants (figuring that calling was a complete bust).  I have now learned there is something worse than calling in to speak with someone from Verizon.  Chat was a complete waste of time.

My account currently indicates $129.99 per month with no term agreement for the triple play.  That is $25 more per month than I was paying before yesterday.  On chat I was told that Verizon no longer offers 25/25 internet speed.  So my only choice is significantly less speed or slightly more speed for either $124.99 or $134.99.  On chat the Verizon person kept indicating that my bill would go up by $20-25.  When I pressed how I would know what the monthly cost will be with no agreement the person told me I need to call the customer service people at the 800 number.  I wasted time on chat with a person who did not know the answer and now I have to wait two days until the office is open to ask my question.  (only open M-F 8 am - 9 pm, according to the chat person)

The whole process leaves me feeling like I should go back to Cablevision (optimum).

Re: Verizon Renewal Process Stinks
AlienK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd suggest you go check  the verizon online services available, which is under menu "Services" when you log in. If you see the price and product, which is what you want, don't contact Verizon, because once you contact them, the online deal is no longer availabe for you. You just order it online and you'd get your online price, unless some INEXPERT reps mess it up for you.

0 Likes
JBT31
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate the suggestion and will continue to check each day.  So far no luck.

Now Verizon has screwed up my email address.  On Outlook my inbox just doubled - 850 mb TWICE.  Crap service for more money.  And the Verizon customer support number just made me wait 1/2 hour to tell me there is nothing they can do about it.  They suggested I call Microsoft and ask them how to fix the problem that Verizon acknowledges Verizon created.  Microsoft, as it the SECOND WORST customer support company.

0 Likes
AlienK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wonder if you see a notification from verizon, when you log in online. Last couple of days, the notice says verizon has en email outage for some of its customers, which may or may not affect your email. I am not sure if it is fixed now.

0 Likes
JBT31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon confirmed (30 minutes to get to talk with someone) that they had trouble with the email system. They essentially made emails unread and redelivered them. Customers using Outlook received all emails in the account again. Verizon said they do not know how to fix the mess they created.  Bad service, ambiguous pricing, not any better than other companies. 

0 Likes
JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

We just renewed and went up$10@month on the bundled price too. Custimer service IS better than other cable provider s. We've tried them all in Boston. FIOS speed ok but TVquality is the best. 

Phone needs help. Anonymous call rejection DOES not stop telemarketing. No way to block numbers like I can on my cellphone. SPAM TOO much trouble also. Oh well. 

Frequently I get duplicate emails. They never admit to problems!

0 Likes
cjp69

Yes, I agree the renewal process stinks! I went through so much when I had to renew and they told me I have to agree to another contract. I may go with optimum. I hope verizon sees our comments!

0 Likes