Verizon Representatives cheated me on a package discount
sandeepgv1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My story goes as follows

1. I met a {edited for privacy} at a Home Expo in Boston.He was in charge of the Verizon stall and tried to sell me a triple play bundle. I was not interested at the time but I got his contact information
  2. In July 2013 I decided to get Verizon. I texted Mr Felipe and he redirected me to one of his employees - a {edited for privacy}
  3. Will was very polite and responsive and eagerly told me about the Triple Play Bundle - Fios TV Prime HD,15/5 Mbps Internet and Unlimited Digital Voice - all for 89.99/month with a 2 year contract and $300 Visa card. I said I needed to think about it. He then offered to upgrade the internet to 50/25 mpbs while keeping the price the same as an added incentive. At this point I agreed to the offer on the phone with him. He then took down my details over the phone and placed the order and setup an install date.
  4. When the installation guy was done I asked him what speed was setup and he said 15/5mbps and that I would have to pay more than 89.99 to get the 50/25. While the install guy was still in my house I called up Will and he apologized and promised to get to fix this from the backend with a corporate discount code. My foolishness that I believed him.
  5. For nearly a month after the installation I was calling and texting Will and he never responded. He would not answer my calls and if i called him from a different number he would pick up the call but would disconnect on hearing my voice. Is that what Verizon's professionality is all about? Really disgusting.
  6. I called Verizon customer service and of course they had no record of any such agreement between Will and me for the discount.
  7. Finally I decided to call {edited for privacy}. He listened to my problem and promised to get me the upgrade to 50/25 while keeping my cost the same 89.99 since it was his employee Will. This went on for about a month where i would call him and he would say it was being processed. Finally I threatened to file a formal complaint against{edited for privacy}admitted that he was unable to do the upgrade and he did not know why. His latest attempt at stalling was to say that he would do the upgrade, the cost would go up and that he would send a me the difference for 24 months on a Visa gift card. This was mid-last week. No change in my service. Ever after this new promise Felipe is now following Will's examples and not taking my calls.
  8. At this point I am extremely angry with the treatment that I have received. It is now November.I want the discount that I was promised and I also want both {edited for privacy}to be penalized for this kind of treatment of a customer. If this complaint of mine is not addressed within this week I will filing a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau(BBB). {edited for privacy}
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Representatives cheated me on a package discount
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer-to-peer customer forum.  It is visible to anyone.  You shouldn't post your personal information.

A Verizon moderator will most likely edit your post to remove the personal information, but you can edit it anytime as well.

A Verizon moderator might turn your post into a support case; which will get you to the same folks you'd reach if you contact Verizon directly.

It looks like you were dealing with a re-seller, and not directly with Verizon.  Unfortunately, they aren't known for honesty.  In the future, deal only with Verizon through their web site or phone numbers you get from the web site.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

sandeepgv1,

We closed your private support case. It seems like our assistance is no longer required.  We did confirm you are getting the discount and the speed upgrade. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes