Verizon Retention Sales rep lied about pricing to get me to exten my contract
Madvzcustomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had Verizon Fios for over 4 years.  In May of 2014, I received a call from a Verizon retention sales person who offered to get me to agree to a new 24 month contract.  I was on month to month at that time.

I was paying about $230 per month for all services. I had and still have VZ Ultimate HD, VZ internet 35/35 and home phone bundle.  I told the sales person that I was investigating both cable and satallite to see what their offerings were and had not made a decision.  Her response was to ask me what she could do to get my business.  I told her that I wanted to pay no more than $150 per month for the same service that I currently have.  This rep got her supervisor on the phone and they both proceeded to tell me that they could get the billing to around $150 per month with the exact same service.  I asked them to show me how.  They sent an email that outlined what billing was, which turned out to be about $156 per month including taxes,etc.  I looked at the email and it was about $156 but I noticed that there were no line items for 2 HD DVR's that I currently have.  I was told that I would not be billed for those DVR's.   So, I signed up as it was what seemed to be a good deal.

Then, my first bill came in June of 2014 at $193.  I called VZ customer service, explained what happened and they credited me the difference immediately and said it should be fixed by the next month.  The next month bill came, July, 2014, at $193. I called VZ and was immediately credited for the difference but I was told that I need to talk with a special group who could fix the billing issue permanently.  I did speak to them and they told me that it would be fixed permanently the next month.  August 2014's bill came and again it was $193.  I made the call, my account was credited and the rep got the other higher level group on the phone.  At that point I asked for that groups supervisor who assured me it would be permanently taken care of.

About this same time I had a surgery and as a teacher in mid-August I was back at school.  I assumed that the billing had been taken care of as my wife who takes care of our bills did not tell me that there was a billing problem.

Today, November 25, 2014, I saw an email with a new Verizon bill for $193.  I went online to our bill pay to see that my wife had paid the bill in September and October for $193.

I called this morning and talked with a Verizon supervisor named Cathy.  Cathy explained to me that my billing is correct.  That Verizon never offered me 2 DVR's for free, etc.  She was very cordial but if I had heard this back in June, I might have just moved to Brighthouse or DirectTV.

I am stuck in this contract, with no support from Verizon.  I hope that someone at Verizon reads this and at the least disciplines the parties involved with this SCAM.  My hope would be for Verizon to honor their offer to me.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Verizon Retention Sales rep lied about pricing to get me to exten my contract - VERIZON Fixed
Madvzcustomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I heard back from the Verizon eCenter.  They emailed me to tell me that my situation has been resolved and my billing will be correct for the agreed amount on my next bill in December.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Retention Sales rep lied about pricing to get me to exten my contract
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Madvzcustomer,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your billing. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Retention Sales rep lied about pricing to get me to exten my contract
hgfklpell

I have been paying 60 a month for many years for fios internet.  I have never upgraded the speed.  I would like to now, but I feel like I am already paying too much for internet and don't want to pay more.  When I contacted Verizon, they tried to upsell me to a bundle package for about $75.  I don't need a home phone or TV, yet she insisted that I do.  When I said I just want to upgrade my internet, she said I would have to pay 25 more a month.  It took being put on hold many times to get the info.  Why do I have to cancel my internet service in order to get someone to tell me what the cheapest price will really be for internet service?  That is why I cancelled everything with Verizon 5 years ago.  They wait until you cancel and go with another provider before they will tell you their real prices.  So, I guess I will be switching to a different carrier.  It would just be nice if you could actually find out what their bottom line price is, without being put on hold over and over, then having to switch to another carrier....  Just so they will call you back with their best offer.  At that point I am always too mad to go with the original carrier.  Dealing with Verizon is like working with a used car salesman--only worse.

0 Likes
hgfklpell

It would be nice to get an email with the lowest price that Fios can give me for just internet service, with upgraded speeds.  

0 Likes
Madvzcustomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

So when do you think that someone will reach out to me?  It has been a day since your response and I have not heard a thing...

0 Likes
Verizon Retention Sales rep lied about pricing to get me to exten my contract - VERIZON Fixed
Madvzcustomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I heard back from the Verizon eCenter.  They emailed me to tell me that my situation has been resolved and my billing will be correct for the agreed amount on my next bill in December.

0 Likes
Verizon Tech lied to me about cost of service

I signed up for Verizon FIOS Triple Play package - TV, Phone and Internet for $69.  When I signed up for service, no one asked if I wanted my set-top box to record, which one might assume is standard issue in 2014. When I called to tell them that my record button on my remote wouldn't work, they sent me a new remote. They never asked me if I had a DVR (which I thought I had). After the second remote didn't work, they sent a technician. He said that my set-top box isn't a DVR and if I wanted one, it would cost $11.99 a month. That's it - just $11.99 extra, so I agreed.

When I received my bill today, it's $100 more than last month.  The tech signed me up for the 'premium package' at $50 a month (which I refused when he asked me), AND a credit for a bundle that I once had was eliminated. This was a dishonest ploy to upsell me so he got credit for the sale and when I refused, he signed me up anyway.

I called FIOS customer service. After an hour on the phone, Fios would not restore the $40 credit that I had when my box wasn't a DVR. I told the agent that if I had known that I'd have to pay $51.99 extra a month to get the record button on my remote to work, I would have never agreed to that. They wouldn't even allow me to get my old plan (non-DVR) back.

I cancelled my service because they lied to me and bait-and-switched and now they are charging me a $250 early termination fee.I also filed a complaint with the FCC.

I have been a loyal Verizon Wireless customer for over a decade and throught I'd get the same excelent service from FIOS. But they are just as bad as any cable company.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Tech lied to me about cost of service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi 123654,

Sorry you had difficulty with your billing. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes