Verizon Return Equipment Fraud
Toddie4usa11

I was a Verizon Customer for more than 10 years starting with my cell phone service. I relocated to PA  in 2012  and decided to get FIOS, lan line and all my communication services with Verizon.  I was happy with the servicce until I had to relocate to TX in April. I called Verizon for instructions on how to return their equipment and  was told it was to early to terminate my serivce  (March) to wait until the first week of Apri 2014. Verizon customer service sent me the UPS label and box to return my equipment which idid since i did not have FIOS in my new area. i  even tried calling the community i was moving to, to try and get them to get FIOS i loved the serivce that much. When i was told i couldnt get FIOS i returned the equipment on April 7th to the UPS store( 2 remotes, dvr, second box and modem). I was told everything was ok  the equipment will be delivered to Verizon. I relocated and in June I was surprised when i was presented witha a 273.00 bill for non returned equipment. I called the UPS store they said to call Verizon, I called Verizon they said call the UPS Store and vice versa. Finally i got someone at Verizon who said he is going to open an inquiry and will contact me. Surprise , no call just another bill. I am so disappointed with Verizon  that i have cancelled my cell phone service.  How many customers have this happened to and how many have gotten stuck with a bill after doing the right thing and returning the equipment? If i dont pay this bill it will affect my credit and my job, I am seriously thinking of contacting an attorney for advice because i dont want to be stuck with a bill i dont deserve.

S B

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Return Equipment Fraud
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Toddie4usa1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes