Verizon Service
lenny19441
Enthusiast - Level 1

I read some of the Customer Service "bashing". I can only comment on my personal experiences. They gave been nothing but stellar.

Fios Technical support, Home Phone support and my cell phone support have been great.

Fios in home agent is a great tool.

Do customer service groups fail occasionally, ....of course yes. But in the case of Verizon...they receive an overall A+ in my book

Re: Verizon Service
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Thank you for the kind words. Remember we are here online to assist you 24x7 through various different social mediums. You can get help from right here on the Verizon Forums at http://forums.verizon.com , on Twitter at @VerizonSupport , or on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/VerizonFiOS .

0 Likes
bubbabubba1
Enthusiast - Level 3

While it is nice to see where a customer has received the service that ALL customers expect and deserve, it is a rarity. The norm is problems and lack of respect from the Verizon employees. Read all of the different forums and you will see that many have experienced poor service and terrible response to complaints. I recently scheduled a disconnect and have had to call a second time to receive a box to return equipment. It should not take two calls to receive the packing materials required to return equipment to Verizon.

Funny how quickly the Verizon employees reward kudos when a post is promoting the company. Why aren't they as quick when the post is reporting issues?

armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@bubbabubba wrote:

While it is nice to see where a customer has received the service that ALL customers expect and deserve, it is a rarity. The norm is problems and lack of respect from the Verizon employees. Read all of the different forums and you will see that many have experienced poor service and terrible response to complaints ...

Are you even halfway serious in suggesting that the comments on forums such as this are representative of the majority of users?  Anyone who has used the net for more than a week quickly realizes that the complaints on these boards are largely made by users who have a gripe and register online only to air their discontent.  In the vast majority of cases these individuals make one or at most two posts, and thereby establish the pattern.  If you suggest otherwise, you need to get a bit more acquainted with what actually occurs online.    In a few exceptional cases the complaints are barely distinguishable from delusional behavior.  Only rarely do folks write to comment on good or even exceptional service.  I plead guilty to this, because it's what I experienced.  I can only hope that others witch such experience will make their presence known (not likely).

bubbabubba1
Enthusiast - Level 3

You question whether or not the complaints are the norm? Read all of the different forums and you will find that the Verizon employees award kudos to any posts boasting of the great service. In my own experience, my personal Verizon home page changes from new to old at least a dozen times per day. Add to it the constant logins required, or as has taken place the last couple days, the option to view Verizon.net email does not appear on the home page or any of the links. So yes, I would say that poor service is the norm!

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@bubbabubba wrote:

You question whether or not the complaints are the norm?  ....  I would say that poor service is the norm!

Of course you would say "poor service is the norm" because that is your own view and you are well entitled to it.  But saying so doesn't make it so, and such comments are not logically supportable.  You may have suffered service that made you unhappy, but you cannot then apply your situation to all users.

One must distinguish between the "norm" with respect to the quality of a service, and the "norm" with respect to bulletin board posts describing such quality. These subjects are related, but there is no rigorous statistical method available to determine the relationship based solely on the content or frequency of bulletin board posts.  For example, neither you nor I can determine the percentage of Verizon subscribers who actually read these boards, let alone register and post to them regularly.  However if experience is any guide, the percentage is vanishingly small.  All writers here are members of a self-selected group, and many of them post for a single reason, and often only for one or two posts.  These writers are evidently the "norm" you refer to, but the only thing normal about them is that they are just regular "normal" folks who have a gripe.  Regular "normal" folks who don't have an issue simply do not communicate that fact.

I am not suggesting that many subscribers do not have complaints, but rather that the typical subscriber who has no complaints (or even has praise) in most cases does not bother to communicate his or her situation.  To suggest otherwise is to ignore a very well known and understood artifact of "life" on the Internet. This has always been the situation and there is little likelihood that it will change any time in the future.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@armond_in_nj wrote:

Of course you would say "poor service is the norm" because that is your own view and you are well entitled to it.  But saying so doesn't make it so, and such comments are not logically supportable.  You may have suffered service that made you unhappy, but you cannot then apply your situation to all users.

One must distinguish between the "norm" with respect to the quality of a service, and the "norm" with respect to bulletin board posts describing such quality. These subjects are related, but there is no rigorous statistical method available to determine the relationship based solely on the content or frequency of bulletin board posts.  For example, neither you nor I are in a position to determine the percentage of Verizon subscribers who actually read these boards, let alone register and post to them with any frequency.  However if experience is any guide, the percentage is vanishingly small.  All writers here are members of a self-selected group, and many of them post for a single reason, and often only for one or two posts.  These writers are evidently the "norm" you refer to, but the only thing normal about them is that they are just regular "normal" folks who have a gripe.  Regular "normal" folks who don't have an issue simply do not communicate that fact.

I am not suggesting that many subscribers do not have complaints, but rather that the typical subscriber who has no complaints (or even has praise) in most cases does not bother to communicate his or her situation.  To suggest otherwise is to ignore a very well known and understood artifact of "life" on the Internet. This has always been the situation and there is little likelihood that it will change any time in the future.

You said it much more eloquently than I could have. Thanks for saving me the trouble of having to write and re-write so that it didn't sound like a grade schooler saying, "Nuh-UH!" 😉

armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@somegirl wrote:
You said it much more eloquently than I could have. Thanks for saving me the trouble of having to write and re-write so that it didn't sound like a grade schooler saying, "Nuh-UH!" 😉

Please send contributions (cash only) to my Swiss bank account.  We accept dollars and Euros.

humarock1150
Enthusiast - Level 3

YES!  Lenny you hit it on the head!  I was reading all the bashing and started jumping on the 'band wagon' until I called in to FIOS...their customer service group is awesome!  I worked for the Big C for 3 years tech support for tv and billing in their call center, so I GET the whole environment thing and how it can be SO frustrating for customers.

I've had three interactions on the phone with their customer service and they ROCK!

So I don't know what all the negativity is about, maybe different areas have different issues, but sure as shooting I'm glad that my area is running great!

Thanks FIOS!

bubbabubba1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Again, isn't it funny how many KUDOS show on posts that attempt to compliment Verizon/Fios! Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where the employees post. See, I have daily migrations of my homepage. How do I Know? One page addresses me by my user name and the other by my given name. Now Verizon has had this screwed up for the 2 years I have had Fios, as I used to have 2 different logins. One to view my bill, the other so I could pay it.

As I've stated before, my experience is the norm for where I live. I can't accept that the same corporation that screws up on a daily basis on my service could somehow be getting it right for the majority of customers. Instead of patting Verizon on the back, ask yourselves why so many customers get frustrated and the only recourse is to post complaints on the forums. It isn't possible that all of the complainers have it wrong!