Verizon Wireless Giftcard Can't Be Used
BMG4ME1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received a $100 Verizon Wireless giftcard as rebate for signing up for an extension to my FiOS service.  I am a Verizon Wireless user however my bill is paid by my employer.  So I really have no use for a Verizon Wireless giftcard.  I would rather have something I can use to pay my FiOS bill.  I understand this is a promotion for Verizon Wireless but I don't need a promotion since I already use it!  Can you please send me something I can use?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Wireless Giftcard Can't Be Used
BMG4ME1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@jonjones wrote:

@BMG4ME wrote:

Actually when I complained about this to a Verizon FiOS chat agent he told me that card can be used to pay FiOS bills too, and what do you know, he's right! I can't believe I needed to be told that before I tried it!

So if it worked to pay your bill, please share how you did it.

was it by going to online pay my bill, then select the other method to pay the invoice, then select “gift card” enter the gift card number etc. then hit submit. 

Yes that is how I did it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

This is a peer to peer help forum. No one here can do anything about a promotion you were aware of.

The best case scenario is to just go and sell it to a Verizon wireless customer, use it to buy gifts for relatives and friends that have Verizon wireless.

Since Verizon Fios was above board on the promotion and its particulars there is zilch they will do.

I have not read of one instance of Verizon swapping it out. They want you to get wireless service from them. Tricky huh 😀

0 Likes
BMG4ME1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually when I complained about this to a Verizon FiOS chat agent he told me that card can be used to pay FiOS bills too, and what do you know, he's right! I can't believe I needed to be told that before I tried it!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@BMG4ME wrote:

was it by going to online pay my bill, then select the other method to pay the invoice, then select “gift card” enter the gift card number etc. then hit submit. 

0 Likes
BMG4ME1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@jonjones wrote:

@BMG4ME wrote:

Yes that is how I did it.

0 Likes
tkamsal
Enthusiast - Level 1

This will only work if you are not on "Auto Pay".   Then you need to call Verizon at 800-876-4141.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tkamsal wrote:

This will only work if you are not on "Auto Pay".   Then you need to call Verizon at 800-876-4141.

That is a good point.

i do not advocate auto-pay or auto-debit under any circumstances.

too much can go wrong. And has...

0 Likes