Verizon and Direct TV billing issues
Nylavins
I contracted with Verizon almost three years ago for the Triple Play Bundle of phone, internet and Direct TV. For the first four months I was double billed for services having to pay Direct TV and Verizon. It was mutually agreed by all the supervisors from both company's that even though they are partners they have challenges in communicating with each other and have difficulties with billing. My issue was that Verizon billing goes out on the first of the month and my Direct TV was mid month due to my start date. This billing issues and installation issues clocked over 100 hours of my time and the time of Verizon and Direct TV customer service staff to finally get it corrected.

A few months ago I relocated out of state. I contacted Verizon and requested to cancel my Triple Play Package. The process was easy and I gave them my new address to send final prorated bill to. I returned to check on previous house last week and found final disconnect notice from Direct TV as well as a substantial bill and threat of collection. I contacted them and spoke with a few unhelpful and threatening customer service personnel. I was told that Verizon had taken my last payment to them back so they started billing me directly. Verizon apparently did not communicate to Direct TV that I had canceled my services or given them my forwarding address information. Now, again since Verizon and Direct TV have communication issues I will make it my mission to call and speak with both parties on a daily basis until they figure it out.
0 Likes
Re: Verizon and Direct TV billing issues
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nylavins,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

We hope we were able to provide you with enough information to resolve your issue with DirecTV billing. If you require further assistance, feel free to create a post on the thread, and we'll be able to address it.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes
Nylavins
No Ali, the issue is still unresolved. The relationship between Verizon and Direct TV is criminal at best. Let the buyer beware. I cannot understand how these two company's can enter into an agreement to provide services to the public and at the customer service level have no policies or procedures to follow that protect the consumer.

When I canceled my triple play package with Verizon I was not informed of the cancelation process verbally or in writing. I was assured that everything was canceled. I am now having to pay Direct TV for three months of service I never received because I am being threatened with collection and credit reporting.

I can assure you that I will use smoke signals to communicate before I ever sign up for another Verizon product.

0 Likes