Verizon auto-renews without EXPLICIT consent
RF1728

I was out of contract since March. I went on the VZ app to upgrade my internet speed 2 days ago. I clicked upgrade and apparently this amounts to renewing my agreement for another 2 years, which I DID NOT WANT TO DO. Once I upgraded the speed, I saw I lost HBO and SHOWTIME and my bill went up by 40 dollars, something I would never agree to. I immediately chatted with a VZ rep via the app, a man named TYSON. He said that he canceled the order and gave me a cancellation number, for which i have a PROOF (SCREENSHOT FROM MY PHONE). I went to watch TV today, no HBO, No SHOWTIME and I logged on to my account and it still says I am under a 2-year agreement. I chatted with a rep and said the cancellation was not 'pushed through' and that I am stuck for 2-years. So at this point, I'm not sure what to do. Starting tomorrow if I can't get resolution, I plan on contacting editors at all NYC newspapers to tell the story, filing complaints with the FTC and BBB and finally visiting my congressman to formally petition the government to investigate my claim and if it is a pervasive across Verizon's customer base.  I NEVER EXPLICITLY ACCEPTED ANY RENEWAL AGREEMENT AND ONE WAS NEVER EXPLICITLY PRESENTED TO ME. 

SIGNED,

A loyal Verizon Fios customer that has paid my bill 15 days in advance for the last 8 years.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon auto-renews without EXPLICIT consent
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi RF1728,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes