Verizon charge me for not exist phone service.
cjathoward

I am very disappointed about verizon due to an unsolved problem for almost two years.

I was Verizon DSL customer for several years. But no regular land-line phone service, but just a "dry-loop" for DSL.  The nightmare is start right after I moved to Fios less than two years.  I requested to cancel all that DSL and "dry-loop" phone, and move to Fios. Verizon keep charging me for the DSL, and phone services with high maintaining services fee and dial tone services etc. After several times calling to customer services, first they removed DSL, and then maintains fee. It took them several months to act on my DSL and Phone services billing problems. I have called and been holden for several hours total for this DSL/Phone services billing problems. Finally, Verizon closed my old account and issue an new account number after I faxed them dozens of Verizon bills and credit card statements to prove they charged me for not existed services. Verizon credit some money back to my new account. At that time, even though it took me long hours to dealing with Verizon, but I am glad they closed that problem account, and stopped charging me for non-existing services, and credited back some money.

However, “Game Is Not Over Yet”. After several months salience, this February, Verizon start to send new bill to me with my old account number on it, and not indicated what services they are charging me, just previous balance. After call customer services, they said the old account number is link to my new account, and the balance is only my Fios services, which I setup auto-pay, and has been paid in full. They don’t know what happen, but will correct it. One month later, I got another bill from Verizon with some adjustment, but still show I own Verizon more than $50, I called again to customer services and then transfer to the financial department. (I just want to say here “The services at financial department is the worse experiences I have at the Verizon.” ) After discussing with financial agents, I got explanation does not make sense to anyone, but that agent at Verizon financial department still spoke it out without feeling any shame for herself. She said last year there were two months Fios services payments had been called to cancel by “someone”, that is why they recharge me even though I point out check my account history, before and after that period my Fios account have positive balance due to Verizon credited back they over charged me before. I request Verizon to review my account and give the reason why they charge me again on my old account which is close and migrated to the new account. Several days later, I got a collect agent letter indicate I own Verizon money. I called Verizon again. This time financial department give another story. They said I have a phone services with Verizon. I told them I didnot have any land-line for years, the phone number could be DSL dry-loop phone number. I terminated DSL and that Dry-loop after start using Fios, they closed that account and we move on since then. I ask them to correct it, but they said it had been more than two years, they can’t do anything on their side, they already sold those information to collect agency, they can’t provide any document to show that bill is a mistake. I need to deal with collect agent by myself.

I got another bill again from Verizon, said I still own that money, and will send to collect agent if I did not pay it. However, Verizon already sold those information to collect agency.

Verizon make me disappointed, and disappointed again.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon charge me for not exist phone service.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cjathoward,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes