Verizon customer service email reports: self-sabotaged?
DaveZeus

I've been trying to report a billing problem to Verizon online, but an error blocks me, saying that my message has "special characters" that aren't allowed. When I trimmed my message to one word, "Verizon," the error message still occurred. Can it be that Verizon is self-sabotaging problem reporting, so that no written record will exist, only disputable phone calls?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon customer service email reports: self-sabotaged?
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@DaveZeus wrote:

... Can it be that Verizon is self-sabotaging problem reporting, so that no written record will exist, only disputable phone calls? ...

That's exactly what  is happening, but only to selected customers who have been identified as rabble rousers.  If you would like a list of these customers, please contact me offline.  My advice is that you report the incident to either the FBI or the Audubon Society.  BTW congratulations on your first post.  Good work.
0 Likes
savant1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@DaveZeus wrote:

I've been trying to report a billing problem to Verizon online, but an error blocks me, saying that my message has "special characters" that aren't allowed. When I trimmed my message to one word, "Verizon," the error message still occurred. Can it be that Verizon is self-sabotaging problem reporting, so that no written record will exist, only disputable phone calls?

I ran into this problem as well and was really annoyed.. However, I don't think it's anything sinister, rather it's some web page coding mistake by a programmer that misconfigured a regular expression validator to not allow spaces in that input box.  I ended up typing a message like "I_am_unable_to_type_normal_text_in_this_box" and it accepted it and I received a response from Verizon.

0 Likes
Andycats

This issue still exists.  

0 Likes