Verizon demands Social/DOB/Photo-ID in order to place order with prepaid gift card.
user992

Got a gift card as a present from a friend. Verizon demands Social/DOB/Photo-ID in order to release my order.

My order got placed on hold after I bought some headphones and a chromecast. Spoke to some person called "hannah" in order investigation department. she told me that since they dont have my social security number on file since I dont have an account they cannot let me spend my gift card unless I provide the documents and information they request.

When I asked her where it said in the gift card terms and conditions that I would be required to sign my life and privacy over in order to spend it , she told me that she would rather die than release my order without first verifying what hospital I was born in and my mothers maiden name.

When I asked to please speak to anyone else or to transfer me to a supervisor she told me she would not do so because she was going to tell everyone there not to release my order anyway and was also going to notate that on the order. Eventually I hung up when I realised she must be off her rocker and was not going to help and that despite repeating several times that I wanted to be transferred she simply refused...

What a joke of a company...

Pathetic.

Im going to give the gift card back to the person who gave it to me.

Internet Order Number: {edited for privacy}
Order Date: 06/25/2015

0 Likes
Re: Verizon demands Social/DOB/Photo-ID in order to place order with prepaid gift card.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

If your purchase was made through the Verizon Wireless store, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon demands Social/DOB/Photo-ID in order to place order with prepaid gift card.
user992

It wont let me post on there using this forum account.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They may eventually support the same ID on both, but for now you definitely need to use a different id for Wireless.  In fact I once had them the same it caused no ends of probelms at that time.

0 Likes