Verizon disclosure policy
qsligh

First let me start by stating that I've been a loyal Verizon customer for over 20+ yrs and this is the first time I've encountered any issues. The service that I've received in the past and present with regards to my package has been great. My complaint is with the failure to properly disclose policy changes when one upgrades their services. My issue has surrounds the changing of my bill due dates. For 20+ yrs I've had the same due date and once I decided to upgrade my FIOS internet speeds, I was told that I had to also upgrade my digital telephone service. I was promptly told via email that my account number had changed, but nowhere either via email or phone conversation was I told that my bill due date was moving up approx. 1 week from it's previous date. It took over a month until I realized that the dates had changed and everyone I talked to stated that they had no idea what triggered the changes, until one nice lady gave me the phone number to finance and "assured" me that they would be happy to work with me to change my date back. She is a loyal employee and probably believed her own statements. The folks at finance was not as friendly as she and the answer was a flat no! My explanation, longevity as a customer accounted for nothing and I was promptly told that everyone who upgrades to this plan billing date is automatically changed. Not even a, "we're sorry." I was told that I had only one choice and that was to revert back to my old plan, but opps, your 30 trial is over so, you're stuck! I have 2yrs to deal with this and upon the end of this contract I will divorce myself of Verizon. Not because of poor services, but due to poor business practices. Please beware and ask before you agree to any new contracts to ensure nothing changes in the process.

r,

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Verizon disclosure policy
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi qsligh,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon disclosure policy
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

qsligh,

We are closing your private case because we have not received your contact information. So we are considering that your issue has been resolved. If you still need any help feel free to make another post and we will gladly assist you. 

-Robert

0 Likes