Verizon doesn't keep agreements
Lawyerkill

I started my DSL service back in 2007. I answered an ad saying that if you get it now the price would be $ 19.99 for life. After a few years I called and was going to cancel the service because it was only 1 meg. I was offered an increase in speed for the same price if I stayed, I agreed.

In 2010 I alleged that they cut my DSL off because I somehow called and canceled it. I lost business because of their actions.

Back in April's bill, I noticed that my internet charge was reduced to $ 17.99 and I called Verizon and they said that the price was reduced. I asked if I still had the same service and I was told yes.

In May I was having problems where DSL would disconnect a few time days. I called Tech support and reported it the problem and they said they would keep an eye on it. About 10:30 AM on May 18, 2017, I still had the same problem. She kept me on the phone for about a half hour running test. I finally told her I had another thing to do here and I had to go. She told me that there was an issue and she would call me back in 2 or 3 hours, she never called back.

I got up on the morning of May 19, 2017, and noticed that my internet was so slow it was unusable. I did a Verizon speed test and it showed only about700 K. I called tech support and she said the problem was being handled by a different team and they would call me sometime during the day. I told her I could not wait yet again for a phone call and wanted to know why now. She could not help me so I called customer service and they transferred me the repair department and finally, I was told that I was somehow only paying for 1m meg service and they reduced the speed to 1 meg. I asked to talk to a supervisor and he claimed the same thing. I asked to talk to someone over him and he transferred me to someone in Boston. I told her how importance this was to me, but she claimed I was only paying for 1 meg and it has been a mistake that all these years I been getting 10 meg.

This makes no sense. Over all those years I called lots of times and I had at least 30-35 repairman at my home for problems with the internet. I even had one guy come down because of cutting out and he called the office from my house and they did some test and checked the speed. He told me to call repair and have them lower the to about 8 meg and that would solve the problem. I had to call him back and he found the problem was outside.

So all these years, all the calls to repair, all the service people here and now they claim all along my speed should have been 1 meg.

This is not over, I want what we agreed too!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon doesn't keep agreements
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lawyerkill,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes