Verizon erroneously ruined my credit the very day I'm getting a loan for a home!
davee1966

I cannot begin to describe how horrible my family and I feel.

Verizon has erroneously reported a delinquecy to the credit bureaus, and it knocked 60 points off my credit score.. It appeared on my credit report today, the very day I applied for a pre-qualification to buy a home. Verizon is causing tremendous damage to our lives, and it is Verizon's mistake.

I cancelled my FIOS a year ago and continued to get billed afterwards. When I called Verizon, a very nice Customer Service Rep. saw the problem in her records and told me it would be taken care of. I did not get any more bills.

Fast-forward a year--Through my online banking bill-payer, I accidentally paid some money to Verizon instead of Verizon Wireless, (I still have Verizon Essentials). When I realized my mistake I called Verizon and requested a refund. The rep. I spoke to said that my original FIOS account was in collections and I still owed $192.

I had never received another bill from Verizon. I never received a letter or bill from CBE Group (until I accidentally paid that money). I have made numerous phonecalls since then, spoke to Sr. Reps., etc. etc.  No returned calls, no emails, no action, and NO proof or records can be sent to me that I even owe the money at all.

Then today I get a notice from myFico that my credit score dropped because of Verizon.

For serious personal reasons my family needs to sell this house and buy another. Verizon has likely destroyed our ability to do so. Sorry for the drama, but my wife is in tears.

If anyone can give me some advice, I need it badly. I need to get this off my credit report ASAP.

I think Verizon's cable is superior to Comcast, but why or how could I ever return?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon erroneously ruined my credit the very day I'm getting a loan for a home!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We haven't heard from you, Dave. At this time we're closing this case. Please make a new post if you have any other questions or concerns and we will be happy to assist. We're here for you 24/7/365.

Thank you,

AdamG

0 Likes
Re: Verizon erroneously ruined my credit the very day I'm getting a loan for a home!
m20131

I too am having a similar experience. I've had a near perfecrt credit score for years and they have ruined my credit two years now in the making...Verizon claims to have contacted via collections for a $80.00 bill. I never received one phone call. I futher found out about it when I went to purchase a car this year. After taking care of the bill, they refused to remove it from the report. If I had received one phone call from them asking to pay the bill of which I thought the account was closed, I would have paid it. Not a problem. Instead, I just received a call from the rep after filling a compaint with the BBB and she continues to fight with me over the phone. Where do I go from here? Are we asking too much? 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi m2013,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

m2013,

Since we have not heard from you and have not came in to the live chat session, we have closed your private support case. If you ever need anything, please feel free to make a new post.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
RB216220

Yea, I'm another victim of the closed account, but the billing doesn't stop.  I had a cell phone plan that I closed out in the verizon store, and idk if the person that closed my account made a mistake or what, but I ended up getting billed for 3 more months before my account went to collections.  I tired to get it straightened out but never made any progress with them.  So I've had that collection for 2 years now. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes
RB216220

I'm beyond needing help, just helping spread the word how yall do business. 

0 Likes