Verizon fraudulent billing and credit reporting
Belville
Verizon has ruined another credit score! I have had 780 credit for 10 yrs. I have also been a loyal verizon customer for 10 yrs.

Decided last year to merge accounts with my wife so we would have ONE bill to deal with.

Evidently when those accounts were merged verizon thought it would be wise to leave an 87 dollar balance on the old account???

So as we went on about paying our new convenient single bill for ONE bill each month we assumed we were satisfying all debts.

NO that would make too much sense.

We paid our bill each month online. Then all of the sudden. 6 months later I get a collections letter on the mysterious 87 dollars left on the old account.

No phone call or text....( since it's a phone bill- you would think that they could contact you) on that phone number and explain what was going on?

My livelihood depends on my credit. I borrow a lot of money in construction and real estate and 87 dollars in flawed billing practices are about to cost me thousands.

A loyal customer for ten plus years. Verizon refuses to help!!!

Why would a merged account not carry over any balance??? This is just setting people up for credit nightmares.

This must be fixed!!!

I have read a number of similar stories resulting from this flawed verizon process.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon fraudulent billing and credit reporting
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Belville,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes