Verizon fraudulent renewal/billing practices
bjmitch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last year I renewed the bundle (TV/internet/phone) with Verizon for 2 years and was told by the Verizon rep at that time that the price I would pay would not increase for 2 years.  Now 1 year into the renewal Verizon has informed me that the "valued customer discount" I was receiving has dropped from $30 to $20 - effectively increasing the cost by $10 per month.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Re: Verizon fraudulent renewal/billing practices
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem. We do care about our customers and we would like the opportunity to resolve any issues that you may be experiencing. Please go to the provided link and submit a the required verification form so that we may assist you. Please advise us when you have submitted the form. Thanks Tonya C.

0 Likes
flea2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let us know all about the tremendous help you got by following that link! 😉

0 Likes
bjmitch
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far you are correct about what to expect

0 Likes
bjmitch
Enthusiast - Level 2

you were right - no help from that link, just the stock "blah blah blah" email response from Verizon

0 Likes
JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

YES, same thing happened to us.  We ordered service based upon a postal mailing to our house for $99 bundle for 24 months. 12 months into it, my price increased. When I called, they said my 'contract price' expired! 

NO, NO, NO

Several times asked to escalate the issue until I finally reached a manager that agreed to offer me a $20 discount a month for another 12 months. BUT, they made me feel like they were doing me a favor! OMG BATMAN.

Not sure WHAT will happend next month when the price resets again but I do have the number of Infinity/Comcast handy (just in case). I'm not interested in smartphones and only require a basic internet speed. Already the Movie Package price increased and FlexView offers old movies for $2.99 which I will never download to another device other than my 2003 TV.

0 Likes
bjmitch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have heard that Comcast / Xfinity will pay any penalties Verizon charges for switching prior to the end of the renewal.

You got much further with Verizon than I did

I did a quick internet search and found there are entire websites dedicated to issues with Verizon - not surprising based on my experience.  There are also some consumer fraud websites that I have started contacting because I intend to warn people about Verizon BEFORE they become customers and fall victim to the fraudulent renewal and billing practices.

0 Likes
phillyjeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZ loves to put misc charges on your account. Most people don't check their bill every month, they just pay the total.

I've had extra services and equipment added to my account without my permission.

Comcat has **bleep**ty service but at least they dont try to rip you off every month.

0 Likes
amer1968
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is unbelievable, I am in the same limbo. Seems eventhough I was offered a plan for 24 months, 1 year into this i got a shocker when received this month's bill with an increase of $30. I was told that I had a permotion of $30 for 24 months which expired but my contract started in April 2012? Before that I was not in any contract with verizon. Verizon is working on my complaint as of now and I have all the proofs of their email, stating 24 months contract and pricing. But believe me if they don't do it, I will cancel the plan and Optimum will pay the early termination fee. In addition I will reach out to the highest guy who runs Customer service and if that doesn't work then last option would be litigation and a big blog like this one, where people who share the same situation will input their thoughts.

Great service but extremely fradulent billing practices. Be veru careful in regards to your emails when you placed the order and archive those. You never know when they will strike you.

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@phillyjeff wrote:

VZ loves to put misc charges on your account. Most people don't check their bill every month, they just pay the total ...

And that's the fault of the ISP?

Don't know about others but when it comes to moving money from my wallet to someone else's, I always look.  BTW I grew up in Philly, Jeff, and my grandmother was Pennsylvania Dutch.  I reckon you know what that says about pinching pennies. 

Good luck.