Verizon is trying to charge me for not returning a personally-owned router!
rward3

Last week, my personally-owned G1100 began malfunctioning (red solid power light). After a lot of troubleshooting, I reached out to FiOS support. I explained the issue to the Customer Service rep, and that this was a router that I bought on ebay 2 years ago. Rep was very helpful and over-nighted me a replacement G1100. I explained that I would probably rent this one until I purchased another router.

No problems with installation of replacement router, all went smoothly. I was very impressed with the support experience and outcome. Then, everything went south from there. Now Verizon shows a reminder on my account page and in the myfios app that I need to return the old equipment before November 9, or I will be charged $100!

This is clearly a mistake on Verizons part! Why would I have to return equipment to them that they do not own? I have reached out to Verizon thru chat, but after several hours of trying, cannot get them to resolve this.

Please help me get this error resolved before this becomes a formal billing dispute.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is trying to charge me for not returning a personally-owned router!
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your Verizon account should note whether you rent or purchased a router from Verizon.

Verizon records the device's serial number if you rent something. Just in case you really sent back the router, they will probably reject it because they cannot determine its Verizon's.

Sometimes, an installing technician will bring you an extender free of charge, which is not reflected on your Verizon account either.

0 Likes
rward3

My thoughts exactly. I even told the support rep to check my bill history, because it would show the rental fee stopping in Sept of 2018, when I purchased my router and returned theirs. Incredibly, I have been unable to get Verizon to correct their screw-up.

Hopefully, this will get escalated to someone that can fix their error.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rward,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes