Verizon is trying to force everyone to providing direct access to their checking accounts
VAham1

I believe Verizon has crippled the "make a one-time payment" option.. I contacted Verizon last month about the issue when I was trying to pay my bill online, and after talking to three different people and several supervisors, I was told.... "we can't fix the problem. You need to enroll in easy-pay". Instead, I had them issue an account credit equivalent to the bill Matrix fee, and paid my bill through that process...

I also spent a half hour on the phone with Verizon last month in order to get them to correct a $400.00 + billing error from last year. They finally admitted fault, and said they would correct it, and they subsequently did...... Until I went to pay the bill for this month.... and there it was again!!!! And, surprise!!!!, I couldn't complete my "make one-time payment" process again, due to a problem with the web page....

I have already changed cell providers, and cancelled my Verizon aircard due to Verizon's callous indifference, and after staying on hold for over 30 minutes today only to be told a supervisor was not available, I am ready to go to the State Corporation Commission and the Commonwealth Attorney's office.

I am sorry I didn't go with the cable company for my internet/HD tv/ telephone bundle.

I think I just might pile Verizon's equipment up at the curb, tell them to come get it, then file suit when they try to bill me for early termination on an account where they failed to live up to their end of the contract...

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is trying to force everyone to providing direct access to their checking accounts
BeyondAnnoyed1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem with the one time payment and it is really making me angry. I am not giving them my personal bank info and I am not going to call in and get charged extra for something that isnt my fault. We were with Verizon forever and then changed to another company. Came back to Verizon and Im totally rethinking that decision!  It worked fine until a couple months ago and now you cant use it to pay your bill. Never had a company make it so hard to pay them!! UNHAPPY! Should not take hours to pay a bill on line!!! That is if you can even get it to work!!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is trying to force everyone to providing direct access to their checking accounts
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

BeyondAnnoyed, 

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
BeyondAnnoyed1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im really getting upset here, have spent almost 3 hours trying to pay a bill?!! Finally called and they said they would wave the fee for a phone in payment .. she transferred me and all I got was static and then it hung up. I have a 5 year old home who is sick and wants attention and instead Im here trying to be a good customer and do my part by paying my bill!

TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

BeyondAnnoyed,

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes