Verizon not honoring emailed quote
Davidhadley
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I was looking to leave Verizon's TV service but keep the phone and internet. When I called Verizon, I spoke toa helpful lady who talked me out of leaving the TV, as that would incur a cost due to the 24 month contract still being in place.

Instead, she emailed me a quote:

Products and PromotionsMonthly Charges
NewTriple Play$72.99

• FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited

• FiOS TV Local Service

• FiOS Internet 15/15

Existing(Rent): Multi-Room DVR Package - 2 Rm$31.98
 Estimated Monthly Subtotal$104.97
 Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges$10.32
 Estimated Monthly Charges$115.29

As you can see, this is still a Triple Play bundle but changes my TV channels to Local Service. Furthermore, she told me that I could return the DVR STB and that would mean I'd only have to pay ~$12 for a standard STB. I asked, "Well, why wouldn't I return both as I don't need them, and then don't have to pay any rent". She said that this would be fine - just take the boxes to UPS and they'll take care of it.

Today, I called to put this plan in place. I was told that I couldn't get what I was quoted, as the Select TV package was the lowest I could take and stay in the Triple Play bundle. I told the agent that I have an email quote that shows I can get just local TV for 72.99 per month (the Select package puts it at $79.99/mo). While $7 a month isn't huge, it's significant when one isn't going to be using it at all. On top of that, I was also told that even if I return both STBs, I would still have a rental charge for a box on my bill as it's required as part of having a TV service.

Come on, Verizon. You can't give people quotes and then not follow through on them. I came here to look for how to contact Verizon electronically, so that I could include the quote I was given. As you're probably aware, this seems impossible.

I'm hoping that someone from Verizon reads this and will get in touch with me about honoring what I was quoted.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon not honoring emailed quote
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes