Verizon not honoring quoted pricing to renew 2 yrs agreement

I renewed my agreement in June 2018. The online chat agent gave me a quote for renew another 2 years agreement of triple bundle (TV, Internet and phone). He sent me 3 options. After all, I picked one of these options and confirmed the final cost (included equipment and taxes and fee) for $163. Then he sent me an email with the link to review the order. I did and return the email. He placed the order. At the same time, I check the order online immediately, but I found the plan price is much higher than what he quoted. I questioned him. He reassured me that the price will changed after 24 hours. He repeated that the final cost of triple bundle with equipment and taxes and fee will be $163. the cost is lower than what I had. But after ordering, of course, the first bill was $183, I asked the online chat agent, they asked me to wait 3-5 business days and they will adjusted. Called back afte 1 week. There is nothing happened after 1 week. I called 5 times online to resolve the problem. Nothing happened. Then I called 1800 number to talk to agent on July 2, she gave me the credit. But it happened again in the 2nd bill. I called again on 7/27/18. Now  this is the third time, the agent told me that it is not going to change the price as quoted price I received because the previous quote is incorrect, it is no way to adjust.

I asked how can I file a complaint, he said the same 1800 number, I have no other way to contact the supervisor directly.

My question: why there is a discrepency between the quote price and the actual bill? I reviewed it and make my order as the agent told me, but the outcome is out of expection. There is no way to read the actual order after being placed.

I used verizon services for >14 years. It makes me very disappointed about the customer services for current issue. Your agent gave me a lower quote and made me to place the order, then charge me a higher price. I spent a lot of time to ask for help, but eventully they just say they cannot honour the quote and said if i end the service, there is a penalty. It is absolutely unfair for a customer.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon not honoring quoted pricing to renew 2 yrs agreement
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi 36,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes