Verizon on credit report
FlatLined75

Hello, I am contacting you in regards to an account placed on my credit report after being consistently lied to by your company. I signed up with Verizon under a promo that included a Visa gift card. My bill changed every month and everytime I called - each customer representative could not explain the changes or the charges. I finally got fed up an cancelled service. The final bill was $300+. Again, wrongly charged. The bill was inflated. I called customer service and asked why the final bill was now extremely high. Again, I received the standard - "Sorry Sir, there is nothing I can do about that." I asked for the bill to be corrected and I will gladly pay the outstanding balance. Today I am reviewing my credit report and see :

Status Collection / Charge-Off
Current Balance $141
Collection Account|Account closed by consumer

I complained about fraudlent charges and closed my account. Your handling of this was highly unprofessional. I have never received a final bill and this is how you treat customers who are unsatisfied? The promo was bogus and the credit reporting strategy is extortion at its best. Calling customer service never resolved any of the issues.  I never received the price marketed via the promo or the VISA gift card. I have never received a final or corrected bill. What I did receive was a charge-off on my credit report. Please remedy this situation.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon on credit report
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi FlatLined7,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes