Verizon refuses to cancel my account and has billed me for a year
Shoe22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was a loyal prompt-paying customer for almost 10 years with Verizion internet, and had to disconnect due to lack of Fios in my area.

On Sept 21, 2018, I called Verizon and later received a callback. I spoke to a Verizon representative and cancelled my service.  I was told that I would not need to return the equipment and that my account was cancelled.  I have proof of these in my T-mobile call printout, but Verizon denies the calls ever occurred (they say a 9/19/18 call existed, but for a different issue).

In short, Verizon continued to bill me AFTER I cancelled service, and refuses to acknowledge the clear fact that I called them AND THEY CALLED ME BACK.  And they continued to bill me.

I disconnected my internet on that day and have not used it since.  However, I have been billed and been forced to pay those bills monthly since then.

I recently called to find out why my service was not cancelled as agreed, and was told that the Verizon logs do not show a call on 9/21/18. I have evidence of paying for COMCAST internet instead, but the bills from Verizon kept coming and they refuse to acknowledge that I even called them.

I have asked for managers and been rebuffed and treated very rudely.  Extremely discouraged by the poor customer support.

I have contacted local consumer protection agencies and the state attorney general. 

All I want is a refund for 12 months, and I keep calling to cancel service and they can’t even confirm or do that.  Incredibly discouraged.

Re: Verizon refuses to cancel my account and has billed me for a year
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Shoe22,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes