Verizon refuses to remove services I did not order
Cora
Contributor - Level 1

I am truly at my wit's end with Verizon. This is the third time this year I made changes to my account and Verizon added extra services I did not order. Wednesday, December 7th, I called to increase my internet speed. I distinctly told the agent I did not want the Security package nor the Backup. What happens? I not only get confirmation for the internet speed increase, but also confirmations for Security and Backup.

The same occurred in December, 2010 when my building underwent reconstruction and tenants were moved from one apartment to another temporarily. I and my neighbors with Verizon services called to have services discontinued in our leased apartments and installed in the new temporary apartments. When asked if I wanted additional services like Security, Backup or Direct TV, I said "No."

In January, 2011 when services were finally installed, the following month I found the extra features added to my bill. I checked my neighbors' bills and they all had extra features added. (One neighbor who is blind had caller ID added to his bill.) When I returned to my leased apartment in April, the same occurred and I have all the confirmations to prove it.

Fast forward to today, I called twice Friday to have the Backup and Security removed and have yet to receive a confirmation to that affect. I also called because I was promised a speed increase of 7.1-15mbps and received 2 confirmations to that affect. Continuous speed test at different times of day indicated continuous speed results just below 10 mbps.

When I inquired about this I was told by Tech Support that I am only allowed 10 mbps. I spoke to the Business Office and complained about the speed and the extra services. I was told I was only allowed 10 mbps. When I asked to have the Security and Backup removed the woman first asked if I had security which I replied that was not her concern. She then replied I had to have Verizon's security!!!!! I told her to remove it off my bill.

I called an hour later with the same questions: why can I not get the 15mbps as promised and to please remove the Security and Backup which I did not order. The gentlemen appeared cordial but said he would transfer me to Tech Support. After 5 minutes I received a recording instructing me on how to turn off my computer and power down the modem, etc. to improve my internet speed. I then received another confirmation for the internet speed increase.

PLEASE, is there someone who can assist me with having Security and Backup removed from my bill without my having to spend a lifetime on the telephone waiting to speak to a warm blood being at Verizon? I have also tried to change my services on line but that is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon refuses to remove services I did not order
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cora

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Cora
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you.

0 Likes
Cora
Contributor - Level 1

Hello,

With the help of Anthony I am happy to say the situation has been resolved.

Thank you and may you all have a blessed and cheerful holiday.

0 Likes
Copp

Well, I can tell you that I also cancelled the security bindle.  It is back on there now!  I have also seen STARZ added, which no one here added. I want a paper bill, because I forget to look online all the time, but because my bank pays my bill online,  I can't get a paper bill each month?  What kind of dodge is that??????

0 Likes
Milleri1
I have disconnected my verizon service and verizon called me and left a message to do nothing and all services would cease within 7 days. I did just as they said, yet I continued to get a bill the next month. I went to Verizon and returned all equipment. The agent assured me my account was closed. I then got another months bill. I did a live chat online and the agent said she would reduce the bill and she assured me the services were shut off. Not only do I have another new months bill now, but Verizon is still charging me for the equipment I since returned! They make it so hard to reach anybody that you cannot get people on the phone in a timely fashion or they put you on hold and eventually disconnect you so you have to start all over again. This is insane, someone please shut off my account please once and for all!!!!!
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Milleri

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Milleri1
Someone please help, I now have another new bill. I have gotten a response from someone at Verizon but nothing has been done. To add insult to injury, we went back to the verizon place where we returned the equipment and they claim no record of it!!! How do we get this months of billing to once and for all stop? We changed from Verizon on September 20, 2011 and here it is December 26th and I got another new bill yesterday. This is ruining my credit and there seems no end in sight. Someone please help me to stop this!!!
0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Milleri,

I sent you a private message to discuss the details.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Milleri1
This has been going on since I cancelled my services in September-after countless emails, phone calls, online chats, and even returning the equipment, finally getting my bill cancelled I now have another new bill!! 4 months of trying to cancel my services!! How can a person stop getting billed by verizon for services that have been cancelled??
0 Likes