Verizon reported me to credit report
brguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope someone here can help me, since I cannot find someone to help me on the phone.

Yesterday I was checking my credit report and I saw that verizon place a report to my account for collection, for an account I close in January 2010.

I called Verizon and they told me that they had a balance due on my account after they sent me a final bill. But after I paid my final bill I have never recieved any bill in the mail, email or even got a collection letter. The costomer service woman on the phone told me to make a payment and after they process they payment I could contact Verizon credit so they could adjust it for me.

I called Verizon credit and they said that they could not do anything to help me and that I had to call IC System, their collection agency.

I called IC System and they were nice but they said that I had to pay them the amount due, and not Verizon. Also they told me that they cannot remove anything from the credit report and I have to contact Verizon.

So I hope someone here from Verizon can help me clear this problem since I have never recieved a collection letter and the only reason I closed my account was because I moved to a new location where they do not have service. I would really like to have this resolved ASAP since I'm in the process of purchasing a new home and this had really lowered my credit score.

Thank you.

Re: Verizon reported me to credit report
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

brguy, I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Telen
Enthusiast - Level 2

First thing is dispute the report right away!

In Md you can get all three for free once a year!

With in each one you can depute it online. They (Verizon) have 30 days to prove it to the credit agency's

Its my believe they lie but what I know at least you can get the reason put in your file.

The mortgage people will go through the report more a credit card company when getting credit, and see this.

We know Verizon and Collection people are always right! They  will over look that in most cases,

Been there done that! In my case it was a gas card from a big oil firm.

They new right away to blow that negative rating out of the picture! I had proof, The mortgage Leander laugh it off did not even care to see it,  they took my word for it.

One more thing if they denied the claim, you still have a right to put a note in your own words what happened.

My Rate is 2.1% for the skeptics who disagree

GL!

0 Likes
artwar

I am having a similiar problem.  I paid my bill back in June 2011 for $156.32 check number 5981 to Verizon  I then got afnicollections contacting me, I paid them the $49.99, in full back in Feb 2012.  I recently got another collection notice from Afnicollections with another account number for $151.08.  this has become a nightmare for me.  I called Afnicollections and said that I haven't had an account with Verizon for over a year and a half, that I paid Verixon in full, paid them in full, and yet still keep getting collection notices and adverse annotations on my credit score.  Verizon told me to work it out with the collection agency after I said I could produce a cancelled check fo the amount they billed me.  When I called Afnicollections, they told me to call Verizon.  This is the worst case of a dog chasing its tail.  I don't know how to fix it either.  I contacted the three credit bureaus with cancelled checks and disputes and they told me to contact Verizon.

If anyone knows how to help me, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Sincerely,

Cheryl

0 Likes
yk5

Same happened to me. Verizon FIOS sent me final bill in April 2012. The bill was incorrect. When I called back to dispute, Verizon rep was unable to locate my account. She told me if she can't find it-nothing is due so I can disregard. When I received another bill I called again and received the same answer.

In August I received the letter from I.C. System. I sent them the letter stating that I was disputing the debt. On Nov 7 I discovered that Verizon reported this debt to all 3 credit bureaus. When I called I.C Systems they said that they no longer service this debt and that it's now serviced by Verizon. I called back to Verizon and they said they were unable to do anything. They suggested I should just pay the debt. Now I am in the middle of mortgage refinace. My credit score dropped 100 points because of this. I would be glad to pay it my Verizon is not willing to remove this entry from credit report. What should I do now?

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes
deltat1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having most of all the same issues as above posters.

I Paid what I though was a final bill after relocation.

I have been a very long time Verizon loyal customer and I still am. Your service in my new area is still the best over the competion.

All credit bureaus have been reported to.

I do not appreciate being strong armed or almost black mailed to pay this past frivolous  bill

I am willing to pay this small amount claimed to be owed on a final billing but I need proof, in writing, it will go off the credit reports

So I am willing to pay for delete.

Please put me in contact with the proper person in your organization that has the authority to make this decision.

Thank you,

deltat

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

deltat1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed.

I hope this post can help Verizon and all loyal Verizon customers in the same situational circumstances.

It appears some things in a large organization can fall through the cracks without anyone noticing.

Business reputation and word of mouth certainly is still the best old fashioned way to conduct solid business practice.

Please email me a correct course of action and contact person that has the proper authority to negotiate.

Thank you,

deltat

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Deltat, this is a peer to peer support forum. It is users helping other users. Neither the members nor the moderators would have access to internal Verizon information such as contact names and/or addresses. You need to contact Verizon directly through the page I referred you to.

0 Likes