Verizon reported me to the credit agencies..
tng1232
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I hope that I can find someone to help me resolve this issue here.  I recently moved from NY City to LA in March 2014 and had cancelled my Verizon FIOS service.  I had recurring payments set up at that time and after the final month of service, I cancelled the automatic payments once I saw that the final bill was paid.  I moved cities and did not receive any Verizon mail communications thereafter.  Then in late August, I received a letter from a debt collection agency that I had owed $55.11.  Turns out, the day when I cancelled my service did not line up with the final day in my billing cycle and I had owed about 10 days worth of service that I was not aware of.  I did not receive any communication from Verizon about this residual balance owed, not until the letter from the debt collection agency.  After verifying the amount was indeed correct, I paid the amount promptly to the collection agency.  But now I find out that a credit event was reported by Verizon to the credit agencies and my credit score was affected.  

How can Verizon report this on my credit score when I did not receive any communication that this amount was due?  I did not get any warning that this small residual amount was outstanding until hearing it from the debt collection agency.  I have been a loyal Verizon FIOS customer for over 2 years and a Verizon Wireless user for 3.   Check my payment history.  I have never missed a payment and made them promptly because I've always enrolled in auto-pay monthly.  This was clearly a miscommunication because of me switching address.  This is an absolutely devastating event for me and my family financially.  I have never missed a single payment in my financial history (credit cards,internet/tv service, rent, car lease, etc) and my credit score has been unmarked and stellar.   My wife and I are looking to buy our first home after having just moved to LA and this turn of events could not be any more devastating.

I hope Verizon can help me resolve this issue by removing the negative remark from my credit score.  I have tried calling Verizon recovery department to get this resolved. The representative told me to file a dispute by faxing a formal letter. I have done that but have not heard back from Verizon in weeks.  I have tried calling again to ask to talk to a supervisor, to which the representative said there was none available at the moment and that he or she will call me back within 24 business hours.  I have yet to hear back from a supervisor.  

I sincerely hope that this does not fall on deaf ears and that Verizon has the compassion to help me resolve this issue.  If not, this will be another example of big corporation caring less about the well-being of their loyal customers, and more about their bottom line, even if its for $55.11. 

Looking for help,

Tim

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon reported me to the credit agencies..
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to reach out to the credit team for you and see if we have a little more pull. 

Please click this live chat link so we can securely get your account information

https://collaborateext.verizon.com/aims/aims/SocialMediaSupport.jsp?ID=NGTIMOTForums

~Jess

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tng123,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to reach out to the credit team for you and see if we have a little more pull. 

Please click this live chat link so we can securely get your account information

https://collaborateext.verizon.com/aims/aims/SocialMediaSupport.jsp?ID=NGTIMOTForums

~Jess

0 Likes