Verizon says account past due, disconnected and paid thru last billing cycle
dazedandticked
Enthusiast - Level 1

I disconnected all services with Verizon June 12, '14, have not used Ver. services since June 11.  I paid that billing cycle in total, actually I overpaid  and am due a small credit after they subtract 20.00 early term fee.  They had the ability to remove my telepone services and charges withing a matter of days.. and then proceeded to change my account from triple play to double, which increased the cost of cable TV and internet, which, again, I was no longer getting from them.They knew I was disconnecting all services,  not just changing phone providers, this according to the email the sent acknowldeging my request to terminate.  That's enough to drive me up the wall, but here's where I'm really confused:   Why does it take two billing cycles to generate a final bill, and in the interim, why am I being billed as if I were still receiving services ?

I've spoken with no fewer than 6 reps, and they all say the same thing..."Simply disregard that bill, it will all be credited back to you on Aug. 19".  Easily said, but they did not mention that my statement would then be decorated in big red text, saying my account is PAST DUE.  How can I be past due for no service?   I've returned their  equipment.. that's another letter's worth of hassle... I'm not watching their TV, using their internet servers, not using their Voip, and haven't since June 11. so how is it that I owe them more money than when I disconected,having paid totally thru June 19? 

I believe that Verizon is past due in handling disconnect requests.  Almost every agent I've spoken with can't "find my account" right away, whatever that means, then they don't see the disconnect request right away..  I think Verizon should put a notice on statements of people who are disconnecting, ie:  service disconnect requested on: _______/  final bill ready on:_______.  This should be on my statement and also easily viewed by agents when we call wondering what the heck is going on. 

I've been with Verizon for many years, never a late payment...ever.   I've worked hard to maintain my credit, I see horror stories here about people being billed for months after disconnect and being turned over to collections.  Any suggestions from others similarly situated will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon says account past due, disconnected and paid thru last billing cycle
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon says account past due, disconnected and paid thru last billing cycle
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes