Verizon sent me to collections even though I tried to PAY!!
Ultimate2

I have called and called.  I changed my account and had to close my old and start a new one.  I was told at the time I was paid in full.  Sometime later I get a bill, not itemized, for my old account.  I called and was told I owed money on my old account.  I argued otherwise and requested an itemized bill.  I was assured it would arrive.  Never recieved it, then next thing I know I am turned over to collections.  This is crazy, I am current on my current verizon account and have no idea what I am being billed for.  When I call Verizon I am told they cannot have account returned from Collections.  I know this isn't true, I don't want the ding on my credit history.  So frustrating.  I am at the point of breaking my contract and switching carriers just out of principle.  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon sent me to collections even though I tried to PAY!!
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Ultimate2 wrote:

... I changed my account and had to close my old and start a new one.  I was told at the time I was paid in full.  Sometime later I get a bill, not itemized, for my old account ... next thing I know I am turned over to collections ... I am at the point of breaking my contract and switching carriers just out of principle.  

You don't indicate what is meant by "next thing I know I am turned over to collections."  For example, what is the time period to which you refer, and what occurred on your end and on Verizon's during this period?  Also, if you are concerned about your credit, abandoning and prematurely breaking your contract is probably not an effective way to remedy the situation.  If I found myself in this situation I would continue to maintain contact with Verizon until some sort of satisfactory resolution occurred.

You have not really provided sufficient information on why the account changes were made in the first place, how they occurred, etc.  However even if you had, there is little that any of the volunteers here such as myself could do to help you with this issue.  We are not employees and frankly you don't want complete strangers messing with your account details or credit issues in the first place.  Continue to try to work with Verizon because that's the only game in town.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Ultimate2, 

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Ultimate2,

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya D.

0 Likes